In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

extended verification issue, thus i can't start selling my rifle.

Jsniscak1Jsniscak1 Member Posts: 3

Hi,

I am looking for help, suggestions, experiences about the extended verification process not finishing due to my information (which is correct and legitimate, according to me) not being accepted by the website. I sent a message to Gunbroker.com customer service page, and have not heard back from them for a week now. Because of this problem, I cannot make a selling account and thus cannot sell my Weatherby 7mm WM rifle. I've never sold a firearm online before.

Thanks so much for any help!

Jsniscak1

Comments

• Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

See my question below asking whether or not Support is open -- I've been waiting two months for an issue to be resolved, so I guess they are REALLY backed up. Technology wise, verification processes are usually automatic checking existing data bases (I'd suspect GB does the same). The computers doing this are very "stupid" (or maybe the programmers would really be better described that way) and can't sometimes understand things humans find as very simple; like, for example, if your address is a "Drive" but you abbreviate it as "Dr." -- the computer may not recognize it being the same. Best you can do on your own is make sure your information is exactly the same as it would be found in common data bases. Go to the Post Office's website and verify that your address is written exactly as the Post Office wants it to be written now (which will be different than you may have learned in school in the past). Give your information the way the credit reporting agencies are likely to have it; don't abbreviate a name like "David" as "Dave," etc. That's the best I can suggest right now. This thread will probably be closed since they don't want any support issues discussed on the forums -- which makes no sense to me; it seems a sub-forum where users could discuss problems could help alleviate the load Support experiences.

• Options

wow, thank you for such a thoughtful (and quick) response!

i will see what i can do, and wait for a response in the meantime. i hope you get your issue resolved soon as well.... 2 months is insane!

thank you and good luck.

• Options
    Mark GMark G Member Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭

If you need to sell your rifle quickly, you could always ship it to one of the established sellers on the site. I use Locust Fork (Kasey) when I need to sell a high end item. She has a following and the photography equipment to get top dollar for your rifle. She is very easy to work with and her commissions are lower than most. I have never failed to do better than expected when she lists for me.

Here is a link to her auctions. Click on one and see how nice they look. You can use the Contact the Seller feature to discuss the terms with her.

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902

• Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

Mark G gives a good suggestion. If you are a completely new seller, with no feedback, people can be reluctant to bid, so even though you have to pay a commission for someone else to sell for you, you still may do better than selling yourself. If you're new and have the time (and get the verification resolved), I'd suggest starting with some lower-priced items, so people can see that you handle transactions well, then when you have a few positive feedbacks to your name, if you sell a higher-priced item, you'll likely do better with the bids you get.

• Options

thanks, markG and competentone!

take care,

Jsniscak1

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

Kasey's email is mckaygunsales@gmail.com

• Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,683 ✭✭✭✭

The support system is overloaded.....for several reasons. They have a some people out with covid and they are being bombarded with questions from people getting started that haven't sorted out how to work the website. Its a tough time to be in customer service for sure.

I'll send over a ticket myself asking them to check this thread out and see if they can help in any way....I don't know if that would help or not, but it can't hurt to try.

I'll be happy to help you with your sales if you need it. We send out hard cases with return labels if that would help to get your rifle to us. You can message me through these forums or email me directly if you would like. Check out our listings if you get a chance.

No worries! Kasey aka "Locust Fork"

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭

Kasey is in the process of selling a few of mine. Doing a good job. Give her a try.

• Options
    Nate Kiowa JonesNate Kiowa Jones Member Posts: 2

I'm having the same problem and I have sold here before. it's just been awhile. All positive feed back. contacted support three time and got case numbers but no answers ???

• Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭✭

Now is a good time to sell. Just a year ago everyone was complaining about gun sales being lackluster. Haven't heard anyone say that recently. Goes for ammo, too.

Good luck and, by the way, welcome to the forum!

This discussion has been closed.