First-time seller questions - states to avoid, Bud's "Ship My Gun"
First-time seller here. Just trying to reduce my personal collection before the confiscation starts (bad joke...sorry). I only want to sell a few long-guns at this point.
Thought I'd start with just a low-cost rimfire rifle and get my feet wet, and would be thankful for some advice:
- not so much for a rimfire rifle, but for an AK47 for instance, are there any states to avoid? CA? MA? NY?
- the "Ship My Gun" service from Bud's seems attractive. Any opinions? Fee seems dependent on weight & zipcode. Bud's "preferred" FFL's list is easy, but more leg-work for me if buyer chooses a different FFL. Guess I could state "must use Bud's preferred FFL" and give the buyer the link.
- I guess I should call around to my local shops and see how much they would ship for. It would cost me, but take away the packing, shipping, FFL hassle.
I've looked around a bit and see these pieces of advice frequently, but any others are appreciated:
- good photos (with more on request), good description
- penny start and no reserve (1week duration?)
- usps money order within 7days of auction close
- ask all questions before bidding; as-is, no returns
- buyer must be 18, and is responsible to make sure firearm is legal for them to own
- buyer responsible to ensure receiving FFL will accept firearms from non licensees
- buyers with zero feedback must contact me before bidding