In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Star Wars For Israel ?

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

If this goes operational, it will up the ante. I suspect it will be better than just with killing drones. Now you know why IRAN hates The USA.

serf

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/lockheed-martin-rafael-advanced-defense-systems-create-new-laser-system-675034

Ariel Karo, Rafael's executive vice president of marketing and business development, said that the capabilities of a laser solution “will widen our multi-layered air defense umbrella based on our wide mutual expertise and deep operational experience that is based on multi-disciplinary technologies and best-of-breed systems.”

The ministry announced in June that it had successfully carried out a series of drone interceptions using a powerful airborne laser system installed on a civilian plane.

Comments

• Texas1911DETexas1911DE Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭

...I HOPE they perfect, and deploy it! The sooner the better...

...The guy who married my sister literally had n IQ off the charts, but was a down to earth great guy with common sense, and was really fun to be around, RIP Monty.

...Monty worked for two of the biggest defense contaractors in the US. Back in the 70's I would pester him about weapons he worked on, but he told me very little, just what was public knowledge...He did tell me that we (U.S.) had a man personal laser that could hit a human size object at 2 miles...I can only imagine the Stars Wars type stuff we have now...

• cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭

Israel, surrounded by countries that hate them, I can't blame them for trying to stay alive.

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,105 ✭✭✭✭

Thank goodness for our Atlantic and pacific

Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.