In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Old RCBS Trigger Pull Guage

RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭

Have an OLD (40 plus years?) manual trigger pull guage. Didn't realize how much I used it until it "Broke".

Tension spring appears to have broken or come loose at top end of unit. Due to design I haven't been able to open it up to assess for possible repair. It owes me nothing after all these years, but don't want to just junk it if it can be fixed.

Anyone else encountered this problem? Pics available.

Likely just time for a new guage, but I had to ask. Don't expect anything from RCBS considering the age, but I have written to them. No response yet.

Thanks,

Rob C.

Comments

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭

I had one 40 years ago and it was unreliable, meaning a 5lb difference, on multiple uses on a number of different triggers. RCBS makes some of the finest reloading equipment there is, but they do come out with junk: Ask anyone who has or has had a Green Machine. IMHO their pull gage is in the same category

Bought a Timney that has been serving me well. Will accurately measure pulls up to 20 lbs I have encountered on rolling blocks and double set hair triggers on Creedmoor rifles.

• RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭

Easy fix. Back in business. Let me know if you have a similar problem. This is with the old RCBS, made by OHAUS, scale.

Rectangular shape, light beige color, sliding scale on front side.