In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

30 Remington Factory Ammunition value today??

oldgunmanoldgunman Member Posts: 1,779 ✭✭

What would new old stock 30 Remington cartridges go for per box today??

Thanks.

Comments

• mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭

2.00 + a round

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

New stuff is going for $2.00 - $2.50 per round. Do an online search for the factory boxes. Sometimes the value of an empty vintage cartridge box will surprise you. Bob

• savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭

I just sold some on the auction side it went for a average of 3.25 a round

• AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭✭

That's an interesting cartridge. This posting made me wonder what I had in .30 Remington so I had to check. I found 4 and a half boxes of factory stuff including 2 boxes of Silver Tips and a dog bone Remington box of "mushroom" Corelokts with a sticker from Montgomery Wards marked $3.05! Those Remingtons were a strange looking bullet--round nose hollow point with lead dot just below the tip. I found that I have quite a lot of fired brass as well as some new brass. Factory loads were always round nose in deference to the Rem. 14 & 141 and the Stevens 425 tubular magazines. My rifle is a Remington model 30 made in 1928. I have owned it since 1994 and found loading dies at a gun show. The rifle handles spitzer bullets just fine and delivers surprising velocity for such a small cartridge. The cartridge, like most rimless cartridges headspaces on the shoulder and, contrary to popular opinion, it should not be reloaded with .30/30 dies since that distorts the shoulder to the long slope of the .30/30 and destroys the headspace point. A friend discovered that to his chagrin when he loaded some that way: Every cartridge mis-fired.