In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Can anyone identify this revolver?

This was handed down - no-one seems to know anything about it. Too small to take a 9mm.

Thanks for any assist

Swampy

Comments

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

Look up Iver Johnson U S Revolvers.

• Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭✭

Gun buy back fodder

• Options
    Swamplizard13Swamplizard13 Member Posts: 3

Thanks for the info Gents! Was my father in laws and got passed to me. Had no idea what it was or if it was worth anything. Appreciated

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭

Iver- Notice the trigger, looks like spring busted, as above if you ever have a buy back program that would be a candidate. They have quit about al those and if they do have one they have about 5 grand and it lasts 15 minutes.

• Options
    chmechme Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭

Back in 1910, Iver Johnson was changing one of their revolver lines, but had these leftover pieces parts. They decided to "use them up" by making a second brand- the US Revolver. A decent quality simple top break, they were made in a hammer or hammerless, .22, .32 S&W or .38 S&W, blued or nickeled. But for sale by mail ONLY. They were popular enuff that production continued for about 25 years.

As Grasshopper said- looks like trigger return spring is broken, and yours is not in the best shape. Value would be best if it were cleaned up gently (light oil, soft cotton cloth, elbow grease) and retired to a place of honor in a shadow box.

• Options
    Swamplizard13Swamplizard13 Member Posts: 3

yeah it's an oldie. Serial number is 13xxx. I only have one other revolver then all 9mm semis. Wont be shooting this thing.