In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cycling the 1894 Marlin

RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭

Should be able to figure this out on my own, but thought I'd be smart for a change and ask folks who actually know something.

Rifle in question is a Marlin 1894 in .44 Magnum. Finish and interior suggest little use and excellent over-all condition including clean and lube.

Cycles smoothly from an empty magazine and loading 1 round through the side port it chambers and ejects properly. Ammo (which I suspect may be the problem.) is reloads in .44 Special Brass. OAL, 1.4"

Filled the magazine this a.m. and that first round chambered and ejected fine, but it jammed up on an attempted 2nd round. Carrier wouldn't go down far enough to pick up the next round and the bolt wouldn't close. Emptied the magazine by taking off the front mag plug. (Glad I was wearing glasses. The spring is under considerable tension with a full mag minus 1 round, as I'm sure everyone knows but that I failed to take into account!}

So I'm back to square one. Again cycling fine when empty. Thinking next step is to try some reloads that approximate factory OAL.

Other factors I might be missing? Thanks for taking the time to read this and for responding if you have any words of wisdom to offer.

Rob C.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.