In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Has anyone, sent payment and seller refused to ship item?

Mr SteyrMr Steyr Member Posts: 1
edited March 2022 in Ask the Experts

If this is not an appropriate question for this forum I apologize but just want to see if this has happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

what reason did the seller give??

• hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,121 ✭✭✭✭

my guess is you are the first one in the ENTIRE world this has happened to, let alone an internet firearms auction site

• duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭

Reason given ??

• kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭

If he won't ship it, a refund is in order.

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

Yes, it happens quite often. Usually it is someone in (say) California who bid on and won a handgun which is not allowed to be shipped for retail sale in that state, or something like a high capacity magazine which the buyer should have known could not be shipped.

Since you have chosen not to share any details of your transaction, there isn't much we can do except to speculate.

• AlbinsFirearmsAlbinsFirearms Member Posts: 14

In addition to the State where the buyer lives, it also happens when buyers submit unacceptable forms of payments. Such as a money order purchased at Walmart or a grocery store instead of the stated "USPS money order". The other is paying by either a personal check or business check or a bank payment type check instead of the stated "Certified Check" or "Cashier's Check". Buyers become angry that their payments are being returned or else long holding times are placed on their payments. Most often I hear is that they simply did not know that there was a difference between a "USPS money order" and a "MoneyGram money order" purchased at Walmart.

• RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭

Never happened to me, but with more than 500 positive feedbacks, and none related to failure to send merchandise, I did have a woman who bid on an item, then refused to follow through because "How do I know you won't take my money and then not send the item?" I think she just changed her mind. I'd have been happier if she just told me that.

Perhaps foolishly, I am in the habit of sending items (typically under $100.00) before receiving payment, so long as a substantial feedback history suggests it should be o.k. Haven't been burned yet. A classy bunch of folks we run into out there!

• kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭

I have done the same thing many times, RCrosby. But my biggest sale has been $150.

• leverguunerleverguuner Member Posts: 1

I am in this mess right now. Just won an auction for a gun, sent payment (cashiers check) which my bank made an error on (mispelled seller's name). The seller agreed to deposit the check anyway and said he would ship the gun in 2-3 weeks giving the check time to clear and time so I didn't claim he comited check fraud. Well, the check cleared 2 days after he deposited it and my bank says its a done deal. I contacted him 2 weeks afterwards and he refused to ship.

It is now 3 full weeks since the check cleared and the seller marked the auction as paid, yet he refuses to ship the gun.

• Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,312 ******

@leverguuner first welcome to the forums, you chose to comment in a post in the Ask the Experts forum which closes post after 10 responses... my response makes 10 and so it will be closed, You can start a new post here or in the General Discussion forum where there is no set limit of only 10 answers, however you should understand that none of the members here can really do much to help your situation since the auction side support folks are who you need to contact. Members in the forums can provide experiences, opinions etc. but have no connections to the auction sides support. I suggest you go to any page on the auction side and select to "contact support" with your issue, only do it one time because if you do it more, you will get bumped to the back of the line for each request and they are busy so you will need to wait until they respond to your request for help. Hopefully your seller will respond to you and ship your item soon.

This discussion has been closed.