In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

C.A.I. M-1 Garand

asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭

In excellent condition. Any idea of value? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

What little I know is it is a crap shoot. some are ok and some require bit of tuning,

900.00 and hope for the best, spend a few dollars getting it tuned and you could fine a better rifle for same money.

My 2 cents,

MC will most likely be along.

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭

the recivers were cast ,,i went thru that faze when the they came out about 20 years ago

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

mac said "receivers were cast", usually bad from the beginning.

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭

Cast receivers are not necessarily bad. Except in this case.

CAI receivers range from "out of spec" to "way out of spec". Run!

Neal

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

No one who knows M1s will touch it. Generally speaking the value is as a parts kit. Some of the Century rifles were built with a lot of Beretta parts, which are valuable.

This is the type of item which is better sold at a gun show [to an unsuspecting buyer].

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭

just for a bit of info one of the century garands i got in from distributor , back then had a caspian arms stamped in tiny letters i consulted caspian then and they told me that what i had was never suposed to have gotten out i want to buy recievers from them at the time