In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bausch and Lomb scope mounts

338magnut338magnut Member Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

I recently acquired a rifle that had a no internal adjustments Bausch and Lomb 2.5x4x scope on it and my question here is if the experts could help me identify the rings and bases. I know pictures would help but I have no way of posting them. The rear mount has a #52 and a B under that the front mount has a 41. On the bottom of the rings there is a 3 there is no name on the bases or rings just numbers. In order to adjust elevation one would have to take rings and use a allen wrench in the middle of the base to raise or lower the rings have windage adjustment. Also could anyone tell me if someone made a base mount and rings that would fit a dovetail on a .22 rifle for these type scopes. I am familiar with the Kuharsky and Stith mounts for these type scopes but have never seen anything like these I described. Any info is always appreciated. Terrill

Comments

• AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭✭

Leupold Adjusto-mount. I have several sets on rifles. From the base numbers, it appears your rifle is a post-war Winchester model 70. The front base should be 41C. And, I do not know of any set-up that would accommodate non-adjustable scopes and .22 rifle grooved receivers.

• Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭

I have several Kuharsky mounts. Maybe one for a mdl 70, but none for a .22 dovetail.

• navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭

In the B&L system, one of the bases is the vertical adjustment (an eccentric cone) and the other is the horizontal adjustment. I forget which is which. That system was never made for the .22 grooved dovetail mounting, to the best of my knowledge.

• 338magnut338magnut Member Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

Thanks to all for your response and Ambrose hit the nail on the head. I looked up some of the Leupold adjusto-mounts and rings and found the same one's as mine. And Ambrose I looked again at the front mount and it is 41C. To bad there are no .22 dovetail mounts for this type Bausch and Lomb scopes as the one I have is a 2.5 X 4 and would be just right on a .22 rifle. Thanks again to all. Terrill