In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Marlin 795 magazine in a marlin 700/70?

sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭

I have a marlin model 700 pre 1996. The only after market magazine I have had for it was made by RamLine, and it's junk! Wondering what anyone might know about using a 25 rd promag 795 magazine in my 700. I've got some conflicting info about this, so thought I'd "ask the experts". I'm trying to stock up on >10 rd mags before washington's new law takes effect on 7/1.

Thanx

Arrivederci gigi

Comments

• Options
    GunswapperGunswapper Member Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭

My parts source lists different part number for the 795 and 70. I was unable to find a listing for the model 700 magazine.

• Options
    hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭✭

Check and See if it is a 70C and not a 700.

Magazine in any of the the 70 series should be interchangeable.

Champion Target made some decent magazines for the Marlin . But needed some twinking. I have a spec sheet on how to fix the problem.

Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • Options
    sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

Thanx folks. I was a little worried about the compatibility of the newer mags as they have the bolt hold open option and my rifle is not so equipped. I really don't even know why I want a 25 rd mag, except that my gubner doesn't want me to have it. I'll show em'!😏 It is a 700, but I don't know what makes it any different than a model 70. Purchased in the early 80s as I recall.

Arrivederci gigi