In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Kel Tec Sub2K Owners, Optics Question -

KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Really like the compact fold up platform. Mine is a .40cal paired up with a Glock 22 to share mags. Resides in a "Get Home," backpack in my Jeep. 4-5 SMG 31 round mags, the original 17 for the Glock and Sub2K.

Just received a 50 round Pro Mag drum mag for the Sub2K. Have not handled it in a while, realized how crappy the sights are. It has been beaten to death by Sub2K owners that puting an optic on the platform negates the compact fold up ability. (The MAIN draw to the design.)

My question to Sub2K owners, is WHAT (if anything) have you added to your Sub2K optics wise?

Pleased with it? Help a Brother out.

Comments

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,651 ✭✭✭✭

I've got the same setup as you, Ken, a 40 cal but mine will take the Glock 23 mags or bigger. I put an Ultradot sight on mine with a quick release mount. It pops off easy for when I want to fold the gun and pops back on if needed.

M-Carbo makes a tip-off style mount with a picatinny rail section that bolts to the side of the front handguard that I'm considering switching to. It looks like a sweet little setup.

• Options

That looks like a perfect resolution to the problem. I will need to research it.

Thank You, Brother.

Welcome others to chime in.

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

I would sell it and use the $50.00 to put down on a decent firearm.

• Options

It's perfect for what it is designed for. A compact fold up carbine in a pistol caliber, very easy to deploy. Fits in a small space. More firepower/accuracy that a handgun. When/if it's ever needed.

Do I have better firearms? Sure. Ones I'd leave in a vehicle in a "Get Home" bag? No.