In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Enchiladas - Winging It.

KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I usually make Taco's, so this is a change for me.

Bought a large Can of Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce.

I prefer Corn Tortillas, but the recipe calls for flour tortillas. That is what I got.

Browned 1 lb. Ground Beef w/diced onion. Added a can of Old El Paso Green Chili Refried Beans. Diced Green Chili's, Badia Perfect Seasoning, Red Chili flakes. A few shots of Crystal and Tabasco Hot Sauce. Some left over Tabouli Salad. (Chopped Parsley, tomatoes, onions and bulgar wheat.) [Not letting it go to waste.] Stirred/mixed to incorporate. Simmered for 20-30 minutes.

Large Pyrex Baking dish, sprayed w/Olive Oil non-stick spray. Enchilada sauce covering bottom. 8 large Flour Tortillas. Divide the mixture onto ea. Tortilla. Added a good amount of Shredded Sharp Cheddar into each one. Rolled it up. Seam side down. (8 large ones in all.) Covered in Red Enchilada Sauce. Then covered with shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese.

Baking in the oven @ 350° for 30-40 minutes.

Topping with a bunch of fine diced Sweet onion. (Unfortunately, I do not have Sour Cream.)

We'll see how it goes. (Will definately be edible.) I'm sure I will learn from here.

Comments