In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Why Outdoorpay is a great thing.

CptjockitchCptjockitch Member Posts: 2
edited December 2023 in General Discussion

So after a few hours of asking for help with the payment gateway issue my post has gotten 0 replies. It’s gotten about 40 views tho. So either nobody wants to help or they just don’t know. I’d like to challenge anyone who views this post to pretend to be a new seller and look for help online with a payment gateway. I’ll give you 10 hours and I’m sure you won’t find much. When I googled payment gateway for gunbroker a few websites popped up that weren’t even the page of certified payment gateways for gunbroker. Not one video on YouTube even talks about gateways for gunbroker and how to get started.

i probably spend $5000 last year on gunbroker buying parts for my ar15s and if I remember correctly they were all sold from about 3-4 sellers. The sellers with the gateways have a huge advantage over a smaller seller. Who the hell is going to want to wait for a money order? What buyer is going to pay for a $500 9mm and want to wait 3 weeks before he can hold it? I literally only buy from immediate payment accounts or accounts I can pay with PayPal. Yet in this very forum we have dinosaurs who say “mail me a check”. Any account that has a payment gateway has a monopoly on anything they sell. And that’s why we see the outrage for Outdoorpay. Every other business in the world has moved the higher cost to the customer. Why would this be any different? If Outdoorpay charges 5% oh well. That’s just how it’s got to be and probably how it should be.

it’s pretty ridiculous that in a forum about gun sales I can’t get a reply about post about gun sales. Seeing the posts about someone new haircut or favorite type of ice cream getting more comments than a gun sale question is pretty insane.

Comments

• shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭✭

Most big sellers have their own cc payment system set up. I don't pay anywhere near 5%. A couple million in credit card sales will do that. I believe outdoor pay is some thing that's for non businesses to be able to take credit cards without having to set up the credit card processing process, which isn't worth it without the proper sales volunteer. To most private sellers it's too big of a hassle to set up for occasional sales.

• shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭✭

BTW, bye. I'm sure mods will lock this as soon as they see it.

This discussion has been closed.