In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Korea even has Nutria.

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,812 ✭✭✭✭

It seems they introduced Nutria back in 1985. Much later than I figured. I would've thought after Korean War. Now the Bullfrogs were introduced back in 1957 and again in 1973. And the crawdads in 1987. I would've thought if they were going to be Cajun they should've done this in one shot. Looks like the boy's packing a Daewoo. I wonder what their gun laws are like? Like the Israelis? Since they have a mandatory service.

Comments

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I was watching an episode of "Louisiana Law," (Game Wardens) a couple days ago. They pulled a commercial boat over for a "Check." The guy had not been fishing or crabbing, he had been Nutria hunting. I forget how much $ they said a Nutria tail was worth, but the guy had 21. (And there is no limit.) Said he could make more doing that, than fishing etc.

Wait till the Boas and Pythons migrate on over from Florida, because they have wiped out all the indigenous species. (Food) I can't believe you have to live catch the snakes. 🤔 If they were REALLY serious about eradication, it would be by 12 ga. .....................Buh Bye.

A LOT of people, (myself included) want no part of hand catching one of those bad boys. They are freakishly strong. (And) If they get their mouth/teeth on you - you are in big trouble.

• yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,812 ✭✭✭✭

"Louisiana Law"? I'm imagining the "Cajun" guy from Adam Sandler movies talking. I remember the tails were worth $5.00 15/20 years ago. There was an episode of "Insomniac with Dave Atell" (man I miss that show. it was like "Dirty Jobs" but drunk) anyhow he was with animal control or was it some erosion control of the dykes? They were city workers who got to shoot them for a job off the back of a pick up. Seemed like a fun job.

I seen people in Florida people shooting iguanas for property management as a job. The iguanas dig the crap out of spit of land near the water fronts. That also look like a fun job.

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,174 ******

Nutria......a critter that I have never heard of until now. Thanks Yosh. Learned something new!