In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Eve Dinner?

Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2023 in General Discussion

Any traditions you have?

Wife's Father was Italian and always had baccala on Christmas Eve. It's the traditional Italian dish on that day. But since it's impossible to get salted cod here in Utah, we changed to a family tradition of linguini with white clam sauce. Simple to make, elegant, and delicious. Had it for years and years.

This year, however, we've aged. We'll have elder daughter's family here, and we've thrown all custom to the winds. Having Stouffer's lasagna. It isn't even fish. Italians would weep.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.

Comments

• NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,463 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023

We going southern this year. Gonna do up a mess of fried chicken, mashed taters with chicken gravy, and home made rolls.

When I was a kid we always had turkey on Christmas Eve, Indian fried bread for Christmas breakfast, and ham for Christmas dinner. Lunch was pretty much anything that wasn't nailed down.

Next year, @Rocky Raab ,

Free shipping!

• austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,683 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023

We are taking the kids and grandkids for some PF CHANGS this evening FA RA RAH RAH RAH. then playing some games( scavenger/ treasure hunt outside for the kids and the Saran Wrap present ball game). and opening presents

I have to work at the hospital tomorrow so we are doing Christmas with the kiddos today, on Tuesday Christmas with family on my side.

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023

I am living very high off the hog. 👍

I have a pot of Bush's "Grilling," Baked Beans, with three, (Thin sliced.) Air fried Smoked Jalapeno/Cheddar Brats. A few shot's of Green Jalapeno Tobasco Sauce, a few shakes of dried red pepper flakes, some Badia "Perfect Seasoning," ground pepper. Simmering for hours. Good cheap "Redneck," Stuff.

You know. Christmas eats. 😂😉

A box of 8 pieces of Food Lion Fried Chicken, for tomorrow. (Air fried.) Woo Hoo........................

I do however have two smoked spiral sliced hams in the fridge. One to go in/on the Smoker, one to make Ham Jerky on the dehydrator with.

Good eats, forthcoming.

*Have a ceramic coated, cast iron skillet sauteeing/Simmering some sweet peas in butter. Badia "Perfect Seasoning," ground pepper, etc.

Some Sour Cream and dried high end Ranch style dressing spice mix. A bunch of thin organic carrots. Mmnnn.....................Mmnnn......................

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,792 ******

I'm half Sicilian and like cod, but if I was near the fried chicken I'd be all in it,,, @NeoBlackdog

• Butchdog3Butchdog3 Member Posts: 599 ✭✭✭✭

84, I bet Buddy's behind is a ring of fire if he get your scraps.

For those with the latest greatest "air fryer", think it is old news. Nothing more than a convection oven but they must do the trick with all the rave reviews.

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry, @Butchdog3, but my indoor grill, bake, air fry etc. (Ninja Grill) Is the Bomb. I was leery at 1st, but it has been Awesome. Grilled Steaks, (come out excellent.) [6-10 minutes] Air fried Steak Fries, (apprx.12 minutes.) Air fried (re-heat) Chicken of any type 5 minutes, Thawed out/or frozen Chicken breasts (10-12 minutes) etc. etc.

It all comes out Awesome, at less time than any ordinarily used appliance/oven.

Do I get paid now, for my input? 🤔😉😂😆