In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The Tesla Cybertruck

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******

I love Elon but the cybertruck is stupid.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,528 ✭✭✭✭

you have to change out the $15,000 battery pack before you would have to change the spark plugs in a modern car.

I see a future where 2-car families will have an electric car for local driving and a gas rig or plug in hybrid if they have to go anywhere.

we are 50+ years from an all electric highway, and thankfully I will be long gone.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,806 ✭✭✭✭

Just to be clear, Don, I gave you a like for your whole comment except for the part about you being gone! We rather enjoy your company!

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,332 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 22

Here are the long range capabilities of the Tesla. We drove down to Atlanta for the family Christmas party. 207 miles. To me, as I am used to driving 675 miles a day in the Big Rig, a 414 mile round trip is not a long drive. But it is a long drive for the Tesla. Heat and headlights eat up that electricity. Running heat and headlights on a rainy 48 degree day, you only can get 150 miles.

On the way down, we had to stop in Gainesville for a recharge. 40 minutes.

On the way back, stopped in Gainesville again, another 40 minutes on the refill. Total of 8 hours of driving, and an hour and 20 minutes at the electricity pumps.