In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Why does anywhere you eat INSIST on their idea of what a meal should be?

2»

Comments

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,332 ✭✭✭✭

"I try very hard not to irritate or otherwise tick off people that may have the ability to spit (or worse!) in my food."

Wise approach to restaurants, neoblackdog. Several years ago I heard a lengthy interview on the radio with several guys, one was the maitre-d and the other a waiter at one of the classiest restaurants in New York City. These guys had written a book. They said, maybe your steak is undercooked, you send it back, they cook it a little more, fine. The first complaint is "on the house." But the customer then complains that the steak is overcooked and they need to cook him a new steak, the customer has gone too far and he will get a "special sauce" in his new steak.

• Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,701 ✭✭✭

Someone mentioned Cracker Barrel above. I LOVE their "Spicy Grilled Catfish Dinner". It is actually even available for breakfast. I sure get a lot of funny looks when I order it though. I get that, double hashbrown casserole, and fried apples. The only thing I can't get for breakfast is oddly, cornbread. I have to settle for biscuits in the morning.
    I've gotten this same meal whenever we go there, and have since ~2001 or so.

Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    Butchdog3Butchdog3 Member Posts: 749 ✭✭✭✭

Went to local Cracker Barrel last Thursday for breakfast.

Ordered 1 pekaan pancake, 2 eggs over medium, and a bit of country ham. I spoke clear and loud.

Out comes 2 pancakes, 2 eggs, and ham, plus 3 biscuits with gravy and jelly.

Dang it. She said the meal comes with all this, eat what you want. I did eat what I ordered.