In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

WTB Star PD Slide Stop

GrumpfrompahrumpGrumpfrompahrump Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
It's frustrating... I can find barrels, triggers, firing pins, but no slide stops. It was my father's gun, and I really want to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• craigroopcraigroop Member Posts: 317 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not sure what parts I have can you give me the pin size and the lenghth and a pic?
    edited November -1
    just checked hoosiergunworks.com,they have one for $30.00 Buy two get a new link and pin for the barrel. You'll be set,don't forget the frame dampers!
  • hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No we're out of these slide stops.
    dave hoosiergunworks
    Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • GrumpfrompahrumpGrumpfrompahrump Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Craig - I'll measure it and take some pics for you. Thanks!
    edited November -1
    06NOV14_STAR_BS_SLIDE_STOP_MID.jpg

Length is 1 7/16, longer than a 1911. Pin size is 7/8, the same as a 1911.
    edited November -1
    Any luck,or do I need to send you a money order?[:(]
    edited November -1
    Hey Craig - I just got it yesterday. It is a perfect match except for the thickness on the magazine side. Since the 45 is much larger, I suspect I might have to do some careful sanding to thin it down. I believe it will lock the slide after each shot. I'll go to the desert to try it out this afternoon and let you know.
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by craigroop
    just checked hoosiergunworks.com,they have one for $30.00 Buy two get a new link and pin for the barrel. You'll be set,don't forget the frame dampers!

..My PD .45 is one of my favorites for lightweight power. I don't like to shoot it too much for fear of wear. Are these the parts I should keep around as spares? Thanks.
    edited November -1
    Slide stops are impossible to find. Barrels, firing pins, triggers are available all over. It looks like a Star BKM slide stop will work with some minor modifications. I'll keep you informed.
    edited November -1
    They are nice guns aren't they? They kick like a mule though![:)]
    edited November -1
    Fingers crossed brother!
    edited November -1
    I will report what happened with my first few clips. Using a BKM slide stop with a PD, the slide locked about every 3 round. As i stated before, the part on the clip side is visibly fatter than the PD one. I am going to take my time and slowly file and sand that part of the stop until I get it to work right. I am sure I will be successful.
    edited November -1
    Pull the slide off,set it aside and put an empty mag in.Refit the slidestop.
    The mag follower should push up on the slidestop.Moving the slidestop up and down should depress the follower. Pull the mag out put a round in to make sure the slidestop does not contact the cartridge.
    Are you using a factory mag? Do the feed lips look ok?
    It sounds like the cartridge is contacting the slidestop,moving it up into lock. I wondered about this before where you said the slidestop popped out. It did not pop out like before?
    edited November -1
    Before you work that one over,let me send you one to use as a test model. It's too worn for me,but it might help in testing. You can file it,grind it,sand it,keep it.
    Shoot me yer snail mail,I'll send it right out.[:)]
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Grumpfrompahrump
    They are nice guns aren't they? They kick like a mule though![:)]

..I modified a 1911 buffer to work in my PD, hoping it will reduce the slide battering. What I appreciate about the gun is the lack of a grip safety. I lost my right index finger, so my hold is kind of funky. It's nice to see others that like a model that not many folks are fans of...[^]...Good luck ya'll.
    edited November -1
    Hey Steve I sent you a slidelock,barrel link and link pin.
    Should be there thursday. Good luck,and keep that left hand away from the slidelock when shooting!![:)]