In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Redfield Jr mount for mauser

telohftelohf Member Posts: 913 ✭✭
I need a 3 screw mount(2 in front and 1 in reat)for a small ring mauser(1891) Redfield Jr mount. I would prefer something is a weaver style but don't think it comes that way. thanks

Comments

• DokeyDokey Member Posts: 941 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With that hole configuration you'll have to go with a one piece mount
  • BT99BT99 Member Posts: 1,043
    edited November -1
    I have a Redfield Jr two piece base for a Mauser 98. Wierd looking and
    I have no idea what type of rings it would take.Redfield #511137.
    Also have Redfield 1 piece base for Mauser actions. Says for FN,
    Mk 10, Parker hale. Redfield # 47154
    If either can help you let me know.
  • telohftelohf Member Posts: 913 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok so I ordered a Redfield Jr mt for a small ring and the rear screw is still too far away(missed it by fraction of inch). Does anyone know of a shorter mount or did whoever drilled/tapped this thing mess up?
  • chris8X57chris8X57 Member Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by telohf
    Ok so I ordered a Redfield Jr mt for a small ring and the rear screw is still too far away(missed it by fraction of inch). Does anyone know of a shorter mount or did whoever drilled/tapped this thing mess up?

Your rifle might have been drilled for a different mount- I know Buehler also used to make a one piece base for the small ring Mauser.

As long as your two front ring holes line up, then it would be a simple fix for a gunsmith to plug and re-drill and tap the third hole.
  • pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if the mount you ordered fits your reciever then just have the mount's rear hole slotted to line up with your screw hole, a local machine shop should be able to mill it for you fairly easy.
    just because you could doesn't mean you should