In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt Woodsman front sight blade

v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
Need wide factory or custom blade for woodsman adjustable blade.
Can't see the factory blade bead anymore.

Comments

• Options
    metommmmetommm Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have new orginal factory front sight. $15.00 delivered. Tom
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is this a bead or wide blade?
    I can't see the small bead.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    What vintage pistol do you have I have pre warmodels and the one made until 1976 none have a bead front sight all have blade held in place with two very small cross pins. [?][?][?][?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mine is a 1938 -6" Woodsman. The blade is spring loaded in elevation. Two holes pass thru blade and base; one for a pin and the second for a locking screw. There also is a set screw (stripped) in front of the base.
    If it isn't Colt it may be a Marbles, Lyman or King replacement blade. The actual bead is silver about 1/16" dia.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    the blade on all three of my pre WW II guns have a blade not bead and yes a screw in the front to adjust how high the blade goes but the front blade width can not be wider than the two side pieces are apart I think 1/16th of an inch or less I think you sight must have a marval bead The early Match target has elephant ear grips but a different front sight entirely
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If I end up having one made up, it would be longer than the sight base slot with a wider strip of more visible metal or plastic soldered or epoxied to its' rear. The strip could be as wide as desired.
    There's a new Sport model barrel sitting in a drawer that could go in
    but I'd lose patent dates, making the barrel change obvious.
    Decisions, decisions, decisions.