In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mossberg US44 bolts

GoldenmeisterGoldenmeister Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
I must get some good ones cause most everytime but one I got skunked. Now I need some US44 bolts. A pair would be nice, whatdya got?

Comments

• Options
    pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    which model of 44 US do you have ? 44US(a) uses bolt #R103, models 44US(b),(c),(d) uses #R427, I am not sure of the differences but I can only see the cross reference on the bolts is different.
    just because you could doesn't mean you should
  • Options
    TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought a model 42c bolt that worked in a 44c.
    Just an fyi.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mine are just the plain 44US's, no letter designation, not drilled and tapped. From what it looks like the 44US is unique. HHEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP !!!!!!!!
  • Options
    sschradsschrad Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 44US (US PROPERTY ) was made between 1943 to 1945 and was a US military training rifle. It's "father" was model 44B. They both use bolt body R423 , the only difference being a dust cover for the ejection port on the 44B, none on the 44US. They had forged extractors.

This is where it might get confusing, models 44US, 44US(a), 44US(b), 44US(c), 44US(d), 42M(a), 42M(b) and 42M(c) all used the R423 bolt body with only difference being a change in extractors from forged to spring steel and the addition of the dust cover. Any of these bolts will function in the 44US. If you want it original you will have to find a bolt with no dust cover and forged extractors, if not then any of these bolts will work.

Other models such as 42B, 42C, 42M or 42TR will not work as they utilize bolt body R194. Any other 42 or 44 models would be incompatable also. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Tflogger
    I bought a model 42c bolt that worked in a 44c.
    Just an fyi.
    took a look at my bolt, must be a 42m (c).
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think a "Hawthorne Warrior Model M825" bolt will work.