In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Kings 1911 recoil buffer

spas12spas12 Member Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭
Looking for a Kings recoil buffer for a 1911.

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    hello SPAS
    I am not familiar with that brand and style of 1911 recoil BUffer
    and if you want to restore a pistol that once had one of those installed I hope you find one However. I have been shooting and working on 1911 Match pistols for over 40 years. a normal recoil buffer is an attempt to FIX a problem with a poor choice in how to do it. There have been many topics on both ask the expert and General discussion forum of GunBroker. The better way of addressing 100 % function and lack of damage to your pistol is to match the recoil spring installed with the power of the load you want to shoot in your pistol I have posted a number of times how to do this but feel free to email me if you would like to get the long version on how this is done . short version with no buffer of any kind "FACTORY SHIPPED CONDITION" get a wooff spring kit and install one in the 19 pound range for normal factory loads load one round in magazine and fire it does the slide lock to the rear ? if not install a weaker spring and start over with test if it does lock back install a 20 pound spring stronger etc etc until the slide no longer locks back in other words this load does not have enough recoil generated to fully cycle the slide . Then go back to the spring you used just before this one IE one pound lighter This way you have a matched load to your pistol . If you change load you may have to retest and use another spring to get the wanted results . Buffers on the other hand keep a slide from full cycle from either stopping the slide from a plastic /rubber like insert or a extra spring that reacts on the recoil spring PLUG bad idea ruins the plug or breaks in use with insert type and jams gun at worst possible time Hope this helps you all though not the answer you were looking for . One of my target pistols Has over 350,000 rounds shot with no damage to pistol frame or slide.or malfunctions Cheers Karl
  • Options
    pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    spas12spas12 Member Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pip5255
    http://www.cliffsgunsmithing.com/Catalog_Kings.htm

They don't have it.