In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Looking for someone that can refinish

jerry batemanjerry bateman Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
Remington nylon stocks that have mars and scratches, but also have to a shiny finish when completed. If you know someone that does this please give me some info so I can contact them.
Thanks

Comments

• cbyerlycbyerly Member Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just wipe it down with acetone.
  • mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    Work it over with a good 1 HP buffer with 555 rouge on the wheel...
  • Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

Robert Bariletti
    @ Roberts Gun Repair :
    Sweetawter , TN

He is great with these .....

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • jerry batemanjerry bateman Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi
    I called Robert and he couldn't refinish the nylon stocks to look as new. So I am still looking.
    Thanks
  • HawkshawHawkshaw Member Posts: 1,016 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jerry----Sorry I'm slow to respond to this query. Go to either a hdwe. store, or your local small airport, and see if they have polish or cleaner for plastic. Some older single engine aircraft had plexiglass for the wind shield! I've polished many-many with this material. It does take some elbow grease though. I personaly would not use acetone, as It is possible to streak the plexiglass, or nylon. Try what ever you use in an inconspicuous place, so you don't cause your self additional problems. Let us know how it works
  • TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hawkshaw
    Jerry----Sorry I'm slow to respond to this query. Go to either a hdwe. store, or your local small airport, and see if they have polish or cleaner for plastic. Some older single engine aircraft had plexiglass for the wind shield! I've polished many-many with this material. It does take some elbow grease though. I personaly would not use acetone, as It is possible to streak the plexiglass, or nylon. Try what ever you use in an inconspicuous place, so you don't cause your self additional problems. Let us know how it works

I was thinking head light lens polish.
  • BT99BT99 Member Posts: 1,043
    edited November -1
    You are probably not going to believe this, but I have shines up some plastic and plexiglass with toothpaste. Use the type that has some fine rough stuff in it.
  • GeriGeri Member Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1