In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

7mm-06

782bird782bird Member Posts: 5
Looking for a box of factory 7mm-06 head stamped ammo or just a round or two
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    257imp257imp Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might be trying to find a unicorn.To the best of my knowledge,no ammunition manufacturing company ever produced a 7MM-06.It was always a wildcat.As you know,the commercial version is 280 Remington.
  • Options
    richardaricharda Member Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    .280 Rem was for a while marketed as the 7mm Remington Express.
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ""Having been released 32 years after the .270 Winchester, it had somewhat unspectacular sales. Remington renamed the cartridge in late 1978 to 7mm-06 Remington but just before the end of the year they renamed it again calling it the 7 mm Express in an attempt to increase sales. This resulted in people confusing it with the 7 mm Remington Magnum, and Remington changed the name back to .280 in 1981.""
  • Options
    GeriGeri Member Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 280 has a longer neck than the 7mm-06. Years ago I had a reamer marked 7mm-06 and the neck was the same length as the 30-06.
    Never used the reamer.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Called remington the other day and they said that in late 1978 they made a few guns stamped 7mm-06 and mine is one of them also factory ammo stamped the same way I have shot 280 rem through it just fine but was hoping to find a box of factory ammo to go with gun
    Thanks
  • Options
    telohftelohf Member Posts: 913 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have some 7mm Remington Express brass and maybe a few loaded rounds. I could look and see if interested.
  • Options
    Rampant1Rampant1 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, Virginia, there is a cartridge headstamped R-P 7mm-06 REM. Give me your email address and I'll send pix of it, its box and letter from Remington historian about it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    still looking for a box of this ammo Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1