In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

neat interesting old rig

micmacmanmicmacman Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
edited July 2007 in The Fishing Hole!
picked this up some years ago,and was wondering if anyone knows what it might be worth,just out of curiosity sake,i have no intentions of getting rid of it

the rod interestingly enough is stainless steel

fr1.jpg

fr2.jpg

fr3.jpg

fr4.jpg

Comments

• Options
    hissinggoosehissinggoose Member Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Neat find! I just cleaned out my grandfather's shed a few weeks ago and found a few old fishing items like that. One was a metal rod like yours, and other was a short (@ 1 foot) bottom fishing rig kinda like a hand line with a 1:1 ratio reel on it. Line was so old, it turned to dust when I touched it. Will never part with either.

Mike
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Dunno, but I know my pop has a reel identical to it. The reels aren't worth much unless rare, usually $5 to $15. The rod might be worth more.

We still use that reel too, for drift fishing on lake erie. You could reel a whale in with it.
  • Options
    blogdog37blogdog37 Member Posts: 372 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wonder if you can still fish in Texas without a license if you have a bambo pool without a reel, or has that like a lot of other good deals gone away.
  • Options
    micmacmanmicmacman Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i contacted a fella in Florida that deals in old rigs,and he apraised it in the $150 neighborhood

i found another at a flea market that has a engraved reel and steel rod for $15,this rod is a square steel rod

i agree,both will be handed down
  • Options
    AHansenAHansen Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not sure, but there is a market for just about anything. Oldest son sold a "piece of junk" reel for $75. I personally thought is was worth squat. Guess that doesn't make me much of an expert.
  • Options
    modocmodoc Member Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    AHanson...Don't be too sorry about NOT being an expert as it means
    ex=has been, spert = drip under pressure..I cringe whenever someone claims me to be an expert..Have a great day.....modoc