In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

33" snook, not a poacher!!

bayl778bayl778 Member Posts: 349 ✭✭
edited September 2007 in The Fishing Hole!
That snook was taken in April (LOOK AT THE DATE OF THE ORIGINAL POST!!!!) and the season closed May 1 until Sept. 1. then it closes again in the winter for a couple months. Calling someone a poacher when you don't have the facts is not a good thing! Very bad manners.

I was out yesterday 5AM In the same place looking for another LEGAL snook (SEASON IS NOW OPEN AGAIN) and tied into a Tarpon that beat me good. After a bunch of jumps and towing me around some I got it close and it jumped into my sit-in 9' kayak and out again in just a flashing blur of a second.
On the way out it it stuck one of the plugs hooks in my forearm and
and the other in my shirt side. The good news is the plug was no longer attached to the Tarpon or it would have ripped my arm bad.
I cut the hook off the plug and went to the ER and had the hook removed from my arm, tetanus shot also, no big deal. It could have been worse, in the face or eye. Going back again and see if I can tame that tarpon.
They sure can kick up a fuss, stong and unpredictable. Makes kayak fishing a hoot! St. Lucie river has cleaned up a lot.

Comments

• bayl778bayl778 Member Posts: 349 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    HANDGUNHTRS52. Thanks for your wisdom and courage to speak up.
    It amazes me how many are willing to judge and punish without the facts. A herd mentality. A dangerous thing!
    I entered this forum wanting to share a fun experiance, being new to kayak fishing I was excited about my first keeper and got bludgened by ignorance. Not fun at all. Very disappointing. There are friendly forums elsewhere.
    Good fishing to you!