In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

whats your favorite gun to take allong fishing

johnny dangerouslyjohnny dangerously Member Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
edited September 2007 in The Fishing Hole!
i like to take an old s&w 38 loaded with cci snake shot and a hi-point 9mm.most of the time i leave the good stuff at home when i go out fishing just in case i fall in or drop it in the drink. a frind of mine lost a ruger to the bottem of grass lake.ever sence i wont take the good stuff out on the water.what do you guys like?

Comments

• Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    I don't usualy have a need to SHOOT the fish i catch.. I normaly use a rod,reel, and a gaff.

Jeff
  • Options
    KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    I don't usualy have a need to SHOOT the fish i catch.. I normaly use a rod,reel, and a gaff.

Jeff

You must not be fishin for halibut! [;)]
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Kodiakk
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41

Jeff

You must not be fishin for halibut! [;)]
    No need at all to shoot a Halibut either. Unless you just "feel like it"

Jeff
  • Options
    SahaganBetaSahaganBeta Member Posts: 291 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I carry the same outfit to fish, that I carry to mow my yard. And in both cases for the same reason....an abundance of Copperhead snakes in our area.

And that gun is a Taurus Model 605, .357 Magnum. I load the cylinder with three .38 caliber snake shot cartridges, and two .357 hollow points. That way, I can deal with the snakes (love those moving shots from the back of my Cub Cadet at fast moving Copperheads) and even bigger critters if the need should arise (I'm thinking rabid foxes, coyotes, *, dogs, bobcats and so forth here).

Sahagan/new guy/first post
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,953 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Normally I fish light and carry no sidearm. Sometimes when out I carry a Ruger GP-100, but have never actually needed it. Snakes are no threat to me, and where I live only bears, cougars or more likely people would be.
  • Options
    IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    depending where I am fishing I carry my King Cobra but in high bear I carry the Freedom Arms 454
  • Options
    HollywoodHollywood Member Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I carry my Walther P22. Not much to run into around here but a rabid * or skunk.