In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Solar Battery Chargers

74man74man Member Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
edited October 2007 in The Fishing Hole!
I bought a 1.8 watt battery maintainer and was reading the instructions, as all men do!! The maintainer has a black plastic side and a glass side on the other side. In the instructions it said that the black plastic panel faces towards the sun. This doesn't seem right to me. Seems to me that the glass panel would face the sun. Does anyone here know how these are to be installed?? I am going to use it to keep my boat battery charged.I believe that the instructions have a typo error and that the glass panel should face the sun. I have tried to contact the company twice and they won't return my email, I just thought that someone here might have used the 1.8 watt battery maintainer before and could give me some correct information as to the proper installation. Information accepted, Thanks, Bob

Comments

• Options
    NevrnuffstufNevrnuffstuf Member Posts: 149 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    74Man,
    My little solar panel has "lines" on the glass panel.That's the side I put toward the Sun. You might use a voltmeter and measure the "voltage" off the red and black leads. Turn the panel one way toward the Sun and If no reading, turn to the other side. I would think the side that provides the most voltage is the side to turn up.
    At least that's how it worked for me..........Good Luck!
    NNS
  • Options
    mijelomijelo Member Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Black to the sun!