In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I need to go fishing

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,586 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2008 in The Fishing Hole!
Too much ice to fish on shore, not enough to ice fish...I hate this time of year. I'm starting to go through withdrawls...[:D][:)][8D][;)]

Comments

• Options
    ljwrenchljwrench Member Posts: 5,053
    edited November -1
    Your preaching to the choir. All I've done the last couple of day's is watch fishing shows on the Outdoor channel and Vs. Our cable company has free on-demand channels and I can watch fishing shows anytime. Usually I don't get fishing withdrawl until early February but this year it's hitting me hard and early. It's supposed to be 62 on Monday and I want to take the boat out but the river is way up.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I've been there.... my dad and I have gone out in the canoe when the ice is like 1/4" thick- bull chop our way out. Gotten some nice trout that way. Lots of work though.
  • Options
    Liv2FishLiv2Fish Member Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Load up your boat and head to Lake Of the Ozarks they are starting to drop the lake to winter pool that is when the lake really gets going.

Water Temp 45 in the next few weeks I hope that it gets down to the lower 40s
    Fish Suspending Jerk Baits (Lucky Crafts, Rogues Or Mega Bass)
    Chompers or Football Head Jigs

This is one of my favorite times of the year to fish. With a little wind and some cloud cover it can be great. Fish slow and when you think you are fishing slow enough slow down some more. you have to be a line watcher also.

The best thing about this time of the year fishing is No Big Boats No Jet Skies.