In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Best Outer Banks Fishing Experience

gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
edited April 2010 in The Fishing Hole!
The weather is warming up on the East Coast and the gear is almost ready. Me and my gang are getting the 4x4 shifted over from snow to sand and all the stuff ready to mount in the six pole holders to run the beach from Hatteras Inlet north. Would like to hear your best OB fishing story. One of mine happened last year at Coquina Beach when me and my two grandaughters were slinging metal at Bluefish. My oldest was heaving a Hopkins about 40yds out under her PaPa's eye when two guys came up the beach and watched her. One guy leaned over to me and asked if she was mine, and I said yes. He told me that she was throwing that lure futher out than he could throw it, but don't tell her! Of course, when they walked away I immediately let Mandy know what the guy had just said! What a proud little girl! Got to teach them young! No fish, but good story! What is yours?

Comments

• Options
    MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    I guess I would have to say when my son hooked a 46# stripper. About a mile south of the lighthouse. He was only 8 at the time and that stripoer hit so hard that it pulled him face first into the surf. He still fought the stripper and finally landed him. Watching him during and after landing that fish has to be the best time for me.

I hooked many big fish over the years only to hand over the rod to my son. Never seen someone get so excited as he does fighting a fish. Now thats fishing.
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MMOMEQ-55
    I guess I would have to say when my son hooked a 46# stripper. About a mile south of the lighthouse. He was only 8 at the time and that stripoer hit so hard that it pulled him face first into the surf. He still fought the stripper and finally landed him. Watching him during and after landing that fish has to be the best time for me.

I hooked many big fish over the years only to hand over the rod to my son. Never seen someone get so excited as he does fighting a fish. Now thats fishing.

I like my "Strippers" with a little more meat on them.She musta been Anorexic..
    Now a 46# STRIPER, that's a nice fish!![^]
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    Me and the crew just got back from a week of throwning metal at the non-existing blues/trout/stipers in the surf at Kill Devil Hills, NC. Had a great time, super weather (80's almost every day!), and lots of good times, but no fish in the surf. Maybe next trip! My grandaughters are getting better at throwing the metal! Got the form down witht the big surf poles...now just got to get the fish to cooperate! It is not like the good old days of the 70's and 80's! But things are looking up in DE as the big stripers are back and the blue crabs have returned to the Chesapeake Bay! So, things are looking up!