In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

War Zone

armadillo78armadillo78 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited November 2008 in US Military Veteran Forum
Many times I have read postings where the writer expressed feelings of regret for either not being a member of the military or if having been in one of the services not to have been in a war zone and participating in active combat.

Let me say there is no need to have regrets or offer apologies. Frankly,none of us should have been there,yet we chose to be a part of the military and as such we follow the orders of our commanders.

More than once I have been disappointed in the attitude of some Americans especially upon returning from overseas and being called a baby killer.

I personally have never knowingly spoken with anyone that
falsely claimed service/combat, however some years back I learned that one of my coworkers proudly proclaimed to have missed military service in the early fifties by way of living in a foreign country to our north. Needless to say we did not get along.

Well, enough ramblin. Be safe

Fred