My congressman served this Vet

us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,208 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2018 in US Military Veteran Forum
Although I don't plan to utilize the service for many years, I completed pre-need VA Form 40-10007 and sent it with a copy of my DD-214 for a return notification of eligibility.

I waited 3 months and heard nothing. The local VA office was of zero assistance so sent a followup email to the VA, no response.

So 4.5 months after the initial application, I contacted my congressman. Within 5 days, they had located my application and are sending the approved eligibility notice.

https://www.cem.va.gov/pre-need/

Clout does help.
[^]
"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,208 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A little behind the times, but I did receive my pre-need approval letter about 5 days after I was advised by the congress persons office the letter would be forthcoming.

I also received a call from his local office, inquiring if it had arrived and if there was anything else they could do for me.

Recently, reported on the national news that there is a new head of the VA now so maybe more things will improve for all Vets.

[8D]
    "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln