US Education and Common Core

us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,365 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2014 in Politics
"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 996 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    As if there's not enough dumbing down and manipulation going on..now this unadulterated crap.
  • blogdog37blogdog37 Member Posts: 372 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840

http://eagnews.org/the-real-history-of-common-core-black-helicopters-all-over-the-place/

[xx(]

What I do not like about our education system is that none of the parents who benefit from the system are asked to pay, I have rentals and pay plenty of real estate taxes that are burned by public school teachers and administrators with bloated salaries, why should I at 77 fund 10 students at $5,000 + per year in failing completely unsafe public schools, nothing in our constitution requires socialization of any body, schools, medicine, healthcare, housing, education, the payment [of these so called by some not me are considered entitlements.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by blogdog37

http://eagnews.org/the-real-history-of-common-core-black-helicopters-all-over-the-place/

[xx(]

What I do not like about our education system is that none of the parents who benefit from the system are asked to pay, I have rentals and pay plenty of real estate taxes that are burned by public school teachers and administrators with bloated salaries, why should I at 77 fund 10 students at $5,000 + per year in failing completely unsafe public schools, nothing in our constitution requires socialization of any body, schools, medicine, healthcare, housing, education, the payment of these so called by some not me are considered entitlements.
  • us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,365 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IF schools in your area are anything like schools around here, they are more concerned with winning any sports competition, having the nicest sports complex, uniforms, coaches, and busing the jocks where ever than they are with real education.

I seriously doubt any nation spends more on grade and high school sports per student than right here in the USA.

The local schools will not and cannot tell you what their sports programs costs because it's all jumbled up in the budgets. The huge utility costs is lumped in with the school building, the grounds care and janitoral care is lumped together with the school building, the transportation costs are not split out for sports use, etc. etc. etc.

[xx(]
    "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln
    edited November -1

IF schools in your area are anything like schools around here, they are more concerned with winning any sports competition, having the nicest sports complex, uniforms, coaches, and busing the jocks where ever than they are with real education.

I seriously doubt any nation spends more on grade and high school sports per student than right here in the USA.

The local schools will not and cannot tell you what their sports programs costs because it's all jumbled up in the budgets. The huge utility costs is lumped in with the school building, the grounds care and janitoral care is lumped together with the school building, the transportation costs are not split out for sports use, etc. etc. etc.

[xx(]

There are stories floating around of groups working on paying Private Division One Colleges Student Athletes, Notre Dame is a good example that Catholic Organization takes in multi millions from games how many athletes can not walk at 35 years of age, why not pay them to compete, soccer stars start getting paid early in Europe, and it has not ruined the game one bit.