In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The death of a REAL IRS Leader, Johnnie Walters

gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
edited July 2014 in Politics
Just finished reading the obit in the Wash Post of Johnnie Walters. 94yold. He was the guy who told Nixon's lapdog, John Dean, to take his enemies list and put it where the sun don't shine. Nixon told him to quit and he did. And we know what happened to both Nixon and Dean. Eric Holder and POTUS should be locked in a room and be forced to read about Mr. Walters and how he ran the IRS. With honor and distinction. RIP.

Comments

• pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gary wray
    Just finished reading the obit in the Wash Post of Johnnie Walters. 94yold. He was the guy who told Nixon's lapdog, John Dean, to take his enemies list and put it where the sun don't shine. Nixon told him to quit and he did. And we know what happened to both Nixon and Dean. Eric Holder and POTUS should be locked in a room and be forced to read about Mr. Walters and how he ran the IRS. With honor and distinction. RIP.
    ...was he a "Yellow Dog Democrat"?[:o)]
  • gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    ...was he a "Yellow Dog Democrat"?[:o)]

I don't know but he lived in SC....I bet he voted for Lindsay!! He was quite a guy who didn't take guff from Nixon and John Dean and ran a good IRS ship compared to Lois Lerner and that crew. He was interviewed when this IRS mess started and he talked about how distressed he was to see the public confidence in the IRS begin to erode. I would lock Lois in a jail cell and make her memorize his obit and give her an "exam" to get of jail, but not free[;)]
  • nodognodog Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I refrain from speaking ill of the dead, but I know for a fact that under this man the department was grossly abusive of power and highly inefficient. It's government.

The whole reason for government is to regulate freedom so it's equal for all, it does that by taking away freedom for all in the area the abuse of freedom occurred. It has little to do with being fair or efficient. You can't do many things simply because some can't do them without trouble, that is a gross abuse of power and highly inefficient. This man in that capacity enforced that power. Call it what you want.

As further incentive for the people to get along the enforcer of that freedom is a 3 year old that answers to no one, that's a fact, yet it still isn't enough to stop people from abusing anothers freedom for personal gain. The very thing that empowers government.

Government is punishment for bad behavior, not now nor was it ever the answer to the peoples problems. I'm sure like many your looking forward to the next election to right the wrongs of this country, you will once again be mistaken. The way the people relate to each other everyday is what determines our fate, not a government.

It is not to say there aren't good people in government.
  • gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nodog
    I refrain from speaking ill of the dead, but I know for a fact that under this man the department was grossly abusive of power and highly inefficient. It's government.

The whole reason for government is to regulate freedom so it's equal for all, it does that by taking away freedom for all in the area the abuse of freedom occurred. It has little to do with being fair or efficient. You can't do many things simply because some can't do them without trouble, that is a gross abuse of power and highly inefficient. This man in that capacity enforced that power. Call it what you want.

As further incentive for the people to get along the enforcer of that freedom is a 3 year old that answers to no one, that's a fact, yet it still isn't enough to stop people from abusing anothers freedom for personal gain. The very thing that empowers government.

Government is punishment for bad behavior, not now nor was it ever the answer to the peoples problems. I'm sure like many your looking forward to the next election to right the wrongs of this country, you will once again be mistaken. The way the people relate to each other everyday is what determines our fate, not a government.

HUH? Do you know anything about this guy and what he did? Or are you just spouting your antigov't line? Would be interested in what is your "fact" about this guy. Standing up to Nixon makes him look pretty good in most eyes but if you have some more info, would be interested in what you have.[?]
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

HUH? Do you know anything about this guy and what he did? Or are you just spouting your antigov't line? Would be interested in what is your "fact" about this guy. Standing up to Nixon makes him look pretty good in most eyes but if you have some more info, would be interested in what you have.[?]
    Standing up to Nixon?.Who says so? You, Casper Milk Toast?...Dick Nixon was the best POTUS we ever had in the 20th century!Sorry Dr. Gary, I like Nixon...[:(]
  • nodognodog Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie

Standing up to Nixon?.Who says so? You, Casper Milk Toast?...Dick Nixon was the best POTUS we ever had in the 20th century!Sorry Dr. Gary, I like Nixon...[:(]

You liked Nixon? Nixon/the government is a necessary evil. Liking a necessary evil is some twisted logic. It's like saying I like the gas chamber.

The function of government is to kill freedom slower than the people. Without government/regulatory driving restrictions there would be dead people all over the road. The obvious thing to love would be for people to drive with care for others, not love the lose of freedom time and time again.

It's ok, most public/government educated people are deliberately uneducated as far as the function of government is concerned.

A real patriot is a person who self educates and specifically with the subject of history.