.

Do nothing Congress on the illegals today

us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,341 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in Politics
C&P

.....support Chairman Goodlatte's H.R. 4760 because it includes the required provisions to prevent the next DACA wave: an immediate end to chain migration, an end to the visa lottery, and mandatory E-Verify.
But NONE of the DACA proposals considered today included all three of those provisions and one even included amnesty for virtually every illegal alien currently in the country and some who haven't arrived yet.

We just issued the following statement to the media:

NumbersUSA and its 9 million activists are pleased that the Senate rejected all three amnesty proposals that came to the floor today for a vote. Every proposal under consideration put the interests of illegal aliens and foreign citizens ahead of the interests of American workers, American communities, and national security. Americans can not afford for Congress to grant amnesty without immediately ending Chain Migration and the Visa Lottery and mandating E-Verify.

It's been a wild and crazy week on the Hill with various proposals being floated and some being changed just prior to introduction. We're not even sure all Senators fully understood what they were voting on today (at least we are giving a few of them the benefit of the doubt!) Here's a quick rundown:

WHAT HAPPENED?

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell scheduled four immigration votes for today. The first was the amendment offered by Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Chris * (D-Del.) followed by Sen. Pat Toomey's (R-Pa.) sanctuary cities amendment, the awful Schumer/Collins/Rounds/King amendment, and finally, the Grassley/Cornyn amendment that reflected the White House proposal. Remember, Cloture was invoked on all the votes today so 60 YES votes were required to pass anything. Vote tallies are listed as YES-NO below

McCain/* -- The McCain/* amendment would have granted amnesty to 3.2 million illegal aliens and required a government study on the effectiveness of building a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border. NumbersUSA opposed this amendment, and the White House has already issued a veto threat. The amendment failed by a vote of 52-47.

Toomey amendment -- The amendment offered by Sen. Toomey would have: 1) blocked certain Federal grants to sanctuary jurisdictions and reallocate those funds to jurisdictions that uphold Federal law, 2) protected local police from lawsuits for honoring ICE detainer requests, and 3) explicitly allowed localities to protect from referral to ICE victims of or witnesses to a crime. NumbersUSA supported this amendment. The amendment failed by a vote of 54-45.

Schumer/Collins/Rounds/King amendment -- The amendment offered by Sens. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), Susan Collins (R-Maine), Mike Rounds (R-S.D.), and Angus King (I-Maine) had the support of a handful of Republican Senators and all 49 Democratic Senators. It was expected to receive 65 votes when it reached the floor.

The Schumer/Collins/Rounds/King amendment would have granted amnesty to all DACA-eligible illegal aliens and gutted interior enforcement, protecting most illegal aliens currently here, or who could get here by June 30, 2018, from removal. The Department of Homeland Security estimates that it would have granted amnesty to more than 10 million illegal aliens. NumbersUSA opposed this amendment. The amendment failed by a vote of 54-45.

Grassley/Cornyn amendment -- The amendment offered by Sens. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and John Cornyn (R-Texas) reflected the White House proposal. It would have expanded DACA to grant an immediate amnesty to approximately 1.8 million illegal aliens. It called for a $25 billion trust fund to build the border wall and improve overall border security. It would have eliminated the Visa Lottery and halted new applications for Chain Migration, but usde those supposedly eliminated visas to bring in the backlog of more than 4 million foreigners, which could take 15-20 years. NumbersUSA opposed this amendment. Pres. Trump has endorsed this amendment. The amendment failed by a vote of 39-60.


So, the whole thing gets kicked down the road while Americans lose and the illegal aliens are winning, thanks to the democrats...and some turn coat republicans too.

[}:)][}:)]
"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln

Comments

  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 38,925
    edited November -1
    just wait and watch till the illegals have a definitive majority and these political battles will cease to be a nuisance
  • BarzilliaBarzillia Member Posts: 21,892 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Once upon a time, an immigrant came to the US, overstayed her visa, worked illegally, lied about her education, but married a rich guy to get a green card.

    Her extended family then came over on application, and are now permanent residents by chain migration.

    You all know her.

    Who is it ?
    "Anger has two children -.hope, and courage." Augustine, Bishop of Hippo

    "Und es wird nicht hineingehen irgend ein Gemeines und das da Greuel tut und Luge,
    sondern die geschrieben sind in dem Lebensbuch des Lammes."
  • us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,341 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    Once upon a time, an immigrant came to the US, overstayed her visa, worked illegally, lied about her education, but married a rich guy to get a green card.

    Her extended family then came over on application, and are now permanent residents by chain migration.

    You all know her.

    Who is it ?



    Tens of thousands service members marry citizens of other countries and they are here in the USA.

    Which one in particular are you referring to ?


    [:0]
    "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln
  • BarzilliaBarzillia Member Posts: 21,892 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    Once upon a time, an immigrant came to the US, overstayed her visa, worked illegally, lied about her education, but married a rich guy to get a green card.

    Her extended family then came over on application, and are now permanent residents by chain migration.

    You all know her.

    Who is it ?



    Tens of thousands service members marry citizens of other countries and they are here in the USA.

    Which one in particular are you referring to ?


    [:0]


    Try reading for comprehension.

    Which one do we all know ?
    "Anger has two children -.hope, and courage." Augustine, Bishop of Hippo

    "Und es wird nicht hineingehen irgend ein Gemeines und das da Greuel tut und Luge,
    sondern die geschrieben sind in dem Lebensbuch des Lammes."
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 21,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    Once upon a time, an immigrant came to the US, overstayed her visa, worked illegally, lied about her education, but married a rich guy to get a green card.

    Her extended family then came over on application, and are now permanent residents by chain migration.

    You all know her.

    Who is it ?



    Tens of thousands service members marry citizens of other countries and they are here in the USA.

    Which one in particular are you referring to ?


    [:0]


    Try reading for comprehension.

    Which one do we all know ?


    The Post has corrected its initial story.

    This mystery girl obtained a work visa in 1996, the first year she worked in this country. Apparently mystery girl also obtained 4 more 1 year work visas until obtaining a green card in 2001.

    She has not released every W-2 and every visa she ever had in her adult life, but it seems very possible that she did not overstay a visa or worked illegally.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

    Brad Steele
  • BarzilliaBarzillia Member Posts: 21,892 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the 2001 date for green card is accurate, then I stand corrected regarding her marriage to a rich man to obtain it.

    But you fail to mention her initial visa was not for work, meaning the application was falsified in that respect.
    "Anger has two children -.hope, and courage." Augustine, Bishop of Hippo

    "Und es wird nicht hineingehen irgend ein Gemeines und das da Greuel tut und Luge,
    sondern die geschrieben sind in dem Lebensbuch des Lammes."
  • us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,341 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    Once upon a time, an immigrant came to the US, overstayed her visa, worked illegally, lied about her education, but married a rich guy to get a green card.

    Her extended family then came over on application, and are now permanent residents by chain migration.

    You all know her.

    Who is it ?



    Tens of thousands service members marry citizens of other countries and they are here in the USA.

    Which one in particular are you referring to ?


    [:0]


    Try reading for comprehension.

    Which one do we all know ?




    Not playing your guessing kiddie game.

    If you can't define who you are referring to, I've no interest.
    "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 21,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    If the 2001 date for green card is accurate, then I stand corrected regarding her marriage to a rich man to obtain it.

    But you fail to mention her initial visa was not for work, meaning the application was falsified in that respect.


    She initially had a tourist visa, which she renewed frequently. The first documented 'work' she did was in 1996, which is when she applied for and received a work visa.

    If you can provide evidence that she worked in the US before the 1996 work visa was issued, she did, in fact, break the law. To date (granted my search was limited to around 10 minutes) I have seen not evidence that she worked before the visa was in place.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

    Brad Steele
  • BarzilliaBarzillia Member Posts: 21,892 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    If the 2001 date for green card is accurate, then I stand corrected regarding her marriage to a rich man to obtain it.

    But you fail to mention her initial visa was not for work, meaning the application was falsified in that respect.


    She initially had a tourist visa, which she renewed frequently. The first documented 'work' she did was in 1996, which is when she applied for and received a work visa.

    If you can provide evidence that she worked in the US before the 1996 work visa was issued, she did, in fact, break the law. To date (granted my search was limited to around 10 minutes) I have seen not evidence that she worked before the visa was in place.




    From Wikipedia...


    Modeling career

    In 1996, she moved to New York City,[14][31][30][33] living in an apartment in Zeckendorf Towers on Union Square, with a roommate, photographer Matthew Atanian, per Zampolli's arrangements.[14] She did ten paid modeling jobs in the U.S. in the seven weeks before she received legal permission to work in the country.[5]


    In addition, her own published statements about obeying immigration laws and having to travel back and forth to have her visa repeatedly stamped (renewed) in Slovenia every few months also demonstrates that she was here under a tourist visa.

    Work/business visas are good for 3 years.
    "Anger has two children -.hope, and courage." Augustine, Bishop of Hippo

    "Und es wird nicht hineingehen irgend ein Gemeines und das da Greuel tut und Luge,
    sondern die geschrieben sind in dem Lebensbuch des Lammes."
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 21,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    If the 2001 date for green card is accurate, then I stand corrected regarding her marriage to a rich man to obtain it.

    But you fail to mention her initial visa was not for work, meaning the application was falsified in that respect.


    She initially had a tourist visa, which she renewed frequently. The first documented 'work' she did was in 1996, which is when she applied for and received a work visa.

    If you can provide evidence that she worked in the US before the 1996 work visa was issued, she did, in fact, break the law. To date (granted my search was limited to around 10 minutes) I have seen not evidence that she worked before the visa was in place.




    From Wikipedia...


    Modeling career

    In 1996, she moved to New York City,[14][31][30][33] living in an apartment in Zeckendorf Towers on Union Square, with a roommate, photographer Matthew Atanian, per Zampolli's arrangements.[14] She did ten paid modeling jobs in the U.S. in the seven weeks before she received legal permission to work in the country.[5]


    In addition, her own published statements about obeying immigration laws and having to travel back and forth to have her visa repeatedly stamped (renewed) in Slovenia every few months also demonstrates that she was here under a tourist visa.

    Work/business visas are good for 3 years.


    Yes, we know she was here on a tourist visa for a long time before 41996. The question was did she work before getting a work visa.

    If Wikipedia's source is correct, it seems she may have worked 7 weeks prior to receiving her work visa.

    Tourist visa for 4 - 5 years. Lands a job and gets a work visa within 7 weeks. How long is the application process? Seems this mystery lady made a genuine effort to play by the rules.

    If she hadn't, there may never have been nude pictures of her, and she may never have attracted the attention of this unnamed wealthy older man to which you have alluded. If all immigrants did as much to follow the law, immigration would not be and issue.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

    Brad Steele
Sign In or Register to comment.