The Double Standard

us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,615 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2018 in Politics
Judge Kavanaugh is being convicted because he drank in high school and college.

So bad.

Obama, the god of liberals, admitted to smoking pot and snorting cocaine, those same liberals praise him.

What's wrong with this picture?

[}:)]
"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 38,925
    edited November -1
    a herd of stupid sheeple gathered around
    edited November -1
    i bought my first red beer at age 14 at the local pub one afternoon...then we went out and kept on building fence...
    edited November -1
    once about 35+ years ago i ran for county commissioner in my district ... i drew 34% of the vote and the winner drew 37%..can't remember if that was used against me ??????
  • varsity07840varsity07840 Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What's wrong with the picture? He lied about it under oath. Nobody believes his explanation for the things he put in his yearbook. Obama was never accused of attempted rape.
  • us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,615 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by varsity07840
    What's wrong with the picture? He lied about it under oath. Nobody believes his explanation for the things he put in his yearbook. Obama was never accused of attempted rape.

I can't comprehend why you posted above.
    [:0]
    "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Try hard.

Your PROOF Kavanaugh lied about anything please.

What about Ford, her allegations are all lies and there is not one shred of evidence, even from her years long boyfriend whom she NEVER mentioned anything about the incident.

[}:)]
    edited November -1
    YOUR PROOF that Ford lied. Do you believe his explanations for his entries to his yearbook page? Even an Amish farmer would know it's BS. He lied about that because it's a connection to his behavior and Ford's description of him.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 21,948 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    YOUR PROOF that Ford lied. Do you believe his explanations for his entries to his yearbook page? Even an Amish farmer would know it's BS. He lied about that because it's a connection to his behavior and Ford's description of him.

I would be interested specifically what you consider BS. He seemed to come clean regarding drinking and drinking games. One can question the Renate Aluminius response, I guess, but the woman in question refutes the implication. How do you choose which women you believe?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/25/believe-women-only-5-percent-minnesota-democrats-b/

Ellison's accuser has contemporaneous photos, doctor reports and text messages where Ellison apologizes, yet only 5% of democrats believe her. Would you be in that 5%?
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    Oh come on. He attributed every reference to drinking games or farting. How else could he explain them? He had no choice. Lie about the meaning of them or admit that he made up the chior boy image.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 21,948 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not too specific.

I listened to the testimony, and while there were times where Kavanaugh came across as a punk, and because of that he is a person I am not really thrilled about being on the Supreme Court, I do not see where one can confidently call him a liar.

Maybe he has been able to circle the wagons and everyone who know him is covering for him. Apparently the FBI questioned a dozen people, and if we are to believe the reports, there was no corroboration of Ford's claims. One would expect the sexual exploits or lack of them by the young Brett Kavanaugh were brought up. One would also then surmise that either Kavanaugh was truthful, or all those that were interviewed and in the know committed perjury to cover for him.

Obviously I do not know.

Obviously you do not know. At some point, however, the preponderance of the testimony has to be considered.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1

Everybody writes stupid stuff in yearbooks.

It's how it's done and means NOTHING.
    [;)]
    edited November -1
    Now, after the investigation is over, it turns out that there were hints of sexual misconduct in at least one of the previous background checks.
  • XP100XP100 Member Posts: 413 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There seems to be a totally different set of rules & laws for the democRATS than the Republicans.
    edited November -1
    well be that what it may, i am glad hillary did NOT get that seat