In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

NPR Poll - Vote

tallcharlietallcharlie Member Posts: 673 ✭✭✭✭
If you haven't heard this, the White House is accusing Fox News of not being a legitimate source of news, calling them biased, etc. They have tried to block Fox reporters from news conferences, etc., NPR has put a survey online for us to voice our opinion.

If Fox loses this poll you can bet Obama will mention it as support for his attack on Fox.

Let's show them how we feel about honest conservative news reporting.

Fox News asks questions others don't and the White House should be able to handle them.

To vote log onto website below:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2009/10/in_white_house_vs_fox_news_war.html

Comments

• steveaustinsteveaustin Member Posts: 852 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    voted, thanks for sharing. i can't bring myself to watch the press secretary anymore. he really won't answer tough questions.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    fox news is a 'pop-off' valve for the 'conservatives' in this society.

They will not touch the real issues with a ten-foot pole.

No, thanks....
  • woodguruwoodguru Member Posts: 2,850
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tallcharlie
    If you haven't heard this, the White House is accusing Fox News of not being a legitimate source of news, calling them biased, etc. They have tried to block Fox reporters from news conferences, etc., NPR has put a survey online for us to voice our opinion.

If Fox loses this poll you can bet Obama will mention it as support for his attack on Fox.

Let's show them how we feel about honest conservative news reporting.

Fox News asks questions others don't and the White House should be able to handle them.

To vote log onto website below:
    http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2009/10/in_white_house_vs_fox_news_war.html

I've seen enough on Fox that is so ridiculously false that I think the media should be held accountable to posting apologies and setting the record straight when gross twists and blatant mistruths are aired. Healthcare gets so misrepresented by both sides of that debate that it's getting hard to find accurately represented realities. The version that is coming out is grossly inadequate and costly but good explanations of how a system would be best executed are hard to find.

Watching Fox will not get a person adequately informed so as to understand the issue. That channel can parade half a dozen people who are all radically opposed which is always quite apparent but they do nothing to back that position except use broad rhetorical statements like "this will kill our healthcare industry", or "do we want government deciding what treatments we get"? None of these are an issue but they are to those who believe the reigning position Fox takes.

At least I see CNN hosts start a show with record corrections about anything that may have been said wrong that they are called on. Ask one of the Fox jokers to set a mispoken set of facts straight and that ain't happenin'.

I believe in freedom of speech but not freedom to blatantly lie, that is fraud.
  • blackmesariflecoblackmesarifleco Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't say that any politician or media can be trusted to present the truth so the next best thing is to take the lesser of two evils. From what I read and watch from different media groups Fox has been the most truthful and least biased of any group. I can't believe anyone would believe some of the BS on the other media groups if they have any sense of reality.

My .02 cents.