In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

82nd airborne For the Record

woodguruwoodguru Member Posts: 2,850
82nd airborne Infantry, Just a simple clarification, I don't know what's wrong with some people's ability to read and assimilate.

My brother was in the army for a full 20 years and retired, the only thing I was not sure of is if he pulled more than his 20 because he was having problems with desert storm syndrome that was making it hard for him to hang on to more years. He is now still working on base in Germany in a civil service capacity. He had a top secret clearance in intelligence communications crypto systems, which gave him access to very interesting insights into political goings on especially where black ops were concerned. He probably knows more about touchy political aspects of what was going on in more countries than anyone I have ever personally known. Some fascinating things happened behind the scenes.

My Air Force top secret clearance was for nuclear missile systems, specifically SRAM B-52 platform missiles. That experience led to a civilian job with a company that shopped technical work from all of the big defense contractors in the Silicon Valley. This allowed me to get a sort of overview of the majority of weapons systems that were being worked on both known and that were at that time still highly classified. Anyone that knows the value a TS clearance has in private sector because of the difficulty and expense to a private company to get one for an employee knows that the clearance is a ticket to sensitive management work in the defense industry.

So stop with the personal attacks, I don't need to make things up, I've been exposed to a far wider array of interesting situations than most. If you think the things I talk about are wild they aren't even in the same ballpark as those that I just plain can't even make references to the subject.

I'll share what I've done and know about, and ask questions about those things I am curious about. When I find myself not being sure about something I google a few sources and try to figure out what I don't know. I can guarantee you that if people responding to my posts just googled what I'm talking about they could pretty much check it out for themselves.

Comments