In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Just how to you propose?

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
Getting rid of the 1934 and 1968 gun laws? I'm all in for removal but how? Flapping your gums on here about your complaining isn't working.

Comments

• Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:Flapping your gums on here about your complaining isn't working.
    The first step is to educate enough people about the original meaning and actual
    intent of the Second Amendment.
    We will require about 30 percent of the population. `Flapping our gums' is the ONLY method we have to do this. These forums are read by people scattered all across this great country...and the ideas carried away from here translate into an ever growing pool of informed, aware individuals...and those individuals in turn effect `change' in those THEY meet.
    Eventually, the ?lites will attempt to ban weapons for most of the population.
    Depending upon how well we three percent do OUR present job...spreading factual information.will govern the outcome of those seizures.

We do our job well.those `acts' you speak of will vanish...along with those having the mentality of "gee, those are GOOD laws"..

On the other hand ;
    They will NEVER go away if we continue to bow and scrape and assume that politicians are our `friends' wanting only what is best for us. That leads to blind acceptance of new laws coming down the pike.or on the point of a pike, more factually.

By the way ; I really have NO animosity towards those dancing thru the hoops for full-auto weapons....PROVIDED that they fully intend using them for what they were intended were we to be invaded by hordes of zombies...an event I consider highly likely.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    How about 1st you answer my question as to how the FOPA 1986 ban on the sale of newly manufactured MG's were for "the safety of the public"?

You never answered that last night.

Then mabye I'll answer your question.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    The first step is to educate enough people about the original meaning and actual
    We will require about 30 percent of the population. `Flapping our gums' is the ONLY method we have to do this. These forums are read by people scattered all across this great country...and the ideas carried away from here translate into an ever growing pool of informed, aware individuals...and those individuals in turn effect `change' in those THEY meet.
    Depending upon how well we three percent do OUR present job...spreading factual information.will govern the outcome of those seizures.

We do our job well.those `acts' you speak of will vanish...along with those having the mentality of "gee, those are GOOD laws"..

On the other hand ;
    They will NEVER go away if we continue to bow and scrape and assume that politicians are our `friends' wanting only what is best for us. That leads to blind acceptance of new laws coming down the pike.or on the point of a pike, more factually.

By the way ; I really have NO animosity towards those dancing thru the hoops for full-auto weapons....PROVIDED that they fully intend using them for what they were intended were we to be invaded by hordes of zombies...an event I consider highly likely.

I don't recall the 1934 or 1968 laws banning any weapons. Lets see 75 yrs later the law is still working. Answer the original question.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,380 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    You guys are wasting your time with this elite piece of work. A leopard don't change it's spots.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter
    You guys are wasting your time with this elite piece of work. A leopard don't change it's spots.

You're right.

He won't answer the question posed to him last night...

BECAUSE THERE IS NO ANSWER.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire

On the other hand ;

I don't recall the 1934 or 1968 laws banning any weapons. Lets see 75 yrs later the law is still working. Answer the original question.

Oh, YES! 1968 DID ban weapons!

Didn't you read your beloved law??
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:I don't recall the 1934 or 1968 laws banning any weapons. Lets see 75 yrs later the law is still working. Answer the original question.
    The law did INDEED ban weapons...for decent, honest citizens with an aversion to kissing uncle sams tool. Just something that cannot be tolerated by some.

I leave out of that those doing so to possess the firepower needed in what is to come.
    That, naturally, does not apply to you, selectfire.
    Your fire will be directed into the backs of those decent, honest citizens.
    Love of the Beast is so very demeaning. and using the Beast power to enrich yourself is so very evil as to defy description.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    CGA 1968

based import of handguns on a "points" system.

Not enough points? Too bad. Banned

The Walther PPK and "Baby Colt" .25 (made for Colt in Spain)didn't make the cut.

Further importation of intact MG's prohibited. Hence the "pre-68" designation of certian MG's ..oh, yeah. They cost big $$$ too.

But if you're a rich elitist who can afford them, who cares, right?

Need I go on?

Care to admit you're wrong yet?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PBJloaf
    CGA 1968

The Walther PPK and "Baby Colt" .25 (made for Colt in Spain)didn't make the cut.

Further importation of intact MG's prohibited. Hence the "pre-68" designation of certian MG's ..oh, yeah. They cost big $$$ too.

Need I go on?

You got that right I can afford them[:D][:D][:D]
    Wonder if you can pass a federal background check? [:D]

Gun Control Act of 1968
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Gun Control Act of 1968, Pub. L. No. 90-618, 82 Stat. 1213 (also known as GCA or GCA68, and codified as Chapter 44 of Title 18, United States Code) is a federal law in the United States that broadly regulates the firearms industry and firearms owners. It primarily focuses on regulating interstate commerce in firearms by generally prohibiting interstate firearms transfers except among licensed manufacturers, dealers and importers.
    The GCA is Title I of the U.S. federal firearms laws. The National Firearms Act of 1934 (NFA) is Title II. Both GCA and NFA are enforced by the ATF.

[edit] Prohibited persons
    Under the GCA, firearms possession by certain categories of individuals is prohibited.

1.Anyone who has been convicted in a federal court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year, excluding crimes of imprisonment that are related to the regulation of business practices.
    2.Anyone who has been convicted in a state court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding two years, excluding crimes of imprisonment that are related to the regulation of business practices.
    3.Anyone who is a fugitive from justice.
    4.Anyone who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance.
    5.Anyone who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to a mental institution.
    6.Any alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States or an alien admitted to the United States under a non-immigrant visa. Aliens who have a tourist visa or student visa may possess guns if they have a current, valid hunting license.
    7.Anyone who has been discharged under dishonorable conditions from the United States armed forces
    8.Anyone who, having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced his or her citizenship.
    9.Anyone that is subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner.
    10.Anyone who has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence (added in 1996 by the Domestic Violence Offender Gun Ban, or "Lautenberg Amendment.")
    Additionally, 18 USC 922(x) generally prohibits persons under 18 from possessing handguns or handgun ammunition with certain exceptions for employment, target practice, education, and a handgun possessed while defending the home of the juvenile or a home in which they are an invited guest.[1]

A person who is under indictment or information for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year cannot lawfully receive a firearm. Such person may continue to lawfully possess firearms obtained prior to the indictment or information.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    CGA 1968

Need I go on?

You got that right I can afford them[:D][:D][:D]
    Wonder if you can pass a federal background check? [:D]

Gun Control Act of 1968
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Gun Control Act of 1968, Pub. L. No. 90-618, 82 Stat. 1213 (also known as GCA or GCA68, and codified as Chapter 44 of Title 18, United States Code) is a federal law in the United States that broadly regulates the firearms industry and firearms owners. It primarily focuses on regulating interstate commerce in firearms by generally prohibiting interstate firearms transfers except among licensed manufacturers, dealers and importers.
    The GCA is Title I of the U.S. federal firearms laws. The National Firearms Act of 1934 (NFA) is Title II. Both GCA and NFA are enforced by the ATF.

[edit] Prohibited persons
    Under the GCA, firearms possession by certain categories of individuals is prohibited.

1.Anyone who has been convicted in a federal court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year, excluding crimes of imprisonment that are related to the regulation of business practices.
    2.Anyone who has been convicted in a state court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding two years, excluding crimes of imprisonment that are related to the regulation of business practices.
    3.Anyone who is a fugitive from justice.
    4.Anyone who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance.
    5.Anyone who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to a mental institution.
    6.Any alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States or an alien admitted to the United States under a non-immigrant visa. Aliens who have a tourist visa or student visa may possess guns if they have a current, valid hunting license.
    7.Anyone who has been discharged under dishonorable conditions from the United States armed forces
    8.Anyone who, having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced his or her citizenship.
    9.Anyone that is subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner.
    10.Anyone who has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence (added in 1996 by the Domestic Violence Offender Gun Ban, or "Lautenberg Amendment.")
    Additionally, 18 USC 922(x) generally prohibits persons under 18 from possessing handguns or handgun ammunition with certain exceptions for employment, target practice, education, and a handgun possessed while defending the home of the juvenile or a home in which they are an invited guest.[1]

A person who is under indictment or information for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year cannot lawfully receive a firearm. Such person may continue to lawfully possess firearms obtained prior to the indictment or information.

you do drive a DODGE, right?

Can you pass a reading comprehension test?

I doubt it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It amazes me of your ignorance. Laws on the books for 75 yrs. and you wantabee internet keyboard jockeys THINK they are going away. That is funny as hell.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    And I might add you don't have a clue how these laws are going to be abolished.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:It amazes me of your ignorance. Laws on the books for 75 yrs. and you wantabee internet keyboard jockeys THINK they are going away. That is funny as hell.
    Your worst nightmare.
    Your 20-30 thousand dollar 'investments' becoming worth exactly what they are worth..600 bucks.

Your kind has no difficulty in hard selling a grieving parent a ten thousand dollar casket so their child can 'rest easier'....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    For your information my toys are already donated away upon my death. No biggie, Hell I can afford losses or gains. Tax deductions.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Come on over to general discussion highball and answer my ..How Many thread.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Come on over to general discussion highball and answer my ..How Many thread.
    Yawn...
  • Options
    RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    Indeed, we got another Tr. Fox here. One thing though, it makes me wonder, how did s-f inherit the money he seems to be rolling in now 'cause I don't see someone with this little mental ability making it on his own...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    select fire -

you know damn well what I meant about driving a DODGE.

Coincidental that you happen to drive a Mopar product.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It amazes me of your ignorance. Laws on the books for 75 yrs. and you wantabee internet keyboard jockeys THINK they are going away. That is funny as hell.

I was not talking about the NFA 1934.

So, do you admit you were WRONG about the GCA 1968 banning weapons?

It's a simple yes or no answer.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It primarily focuses on regulating interstate commerce in firearms by generally prohibiting interstate firearms transfers except among licensed manufacturers, dealers and importers.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I give up.

You are beneath debating.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    By God, what a piece of work. Sometimes it amazes me how these individuals manage to breathe on their own...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rockatansky
    By God, what a piece of work. Sometimes it amazes me how these individuals manage to breathe on their own...

I could buy some air if I needed it.[:o)][:o)][:o)] If you only knew....[}:)][}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1

I could buy some air if I needed it.[:o)][:o)][:o)] If you only knew....[}:)][}:)]

you can buy whatever you want, apparantly, select-fire.

What you CAN'T buy is respect.

You have to earn that.

And so far, you're not doing so great.

In my book.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Q.E.D.
  • Options
    edited November -1

You have to earn that.

In my book.

I don't keep a book on you. I don't need to earn or deal with you at all. Period.
  • Options
    edited November -1

You have to earn that.

In my book.

I don't keep a book on you. I don't need to earn or deal with you at all. Period.

My sentiments exactly.

If you weren't so obtuse, you'd understand that a rich man may be poor, and a poor man rich.

But, I think all you see are dollar signs and material things.

so, you may be rich, but in reality you are poor.

Go figure.
  • Options
    edited November -1

You have to earn that.

In my book.

My sentiments exactly.

If you weren't so obtuse, you'd understand that a rich man may be poor, and a poor man rich.

But, I think all you see are dollar signs and material things.

so, you may be rich, but in reality you are poor.

Go figure.

What is funny, Loaf, is when it counts, this * will have NO ONE watching his back. His money will be value-less soon enough. A mans worth is measured in more than paper.

Your day is coming SF. I feel no pity for you. For you have made your OWN bed, I hope you like laying in it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:A mans worth is measured in more than paper.
    Amen to that, brother.

Some of the most worthless lumps of protoplasm I have ever met have been rich men.rich in the coin of the realm.poor in everything that makes a man.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Boy you guys are sure bitter. Wish you much success in life. Judging on your reputition on gun matters that is one tall order. Get yourselves another matter to concentrate on. Maybe that matter will work out cause this one isn't.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Boy you guys are sure bitter. Wish you much success in life. Judging on your reputition on gun matters that is one tall order. Get yourselves another matter to concentrate on. Maybe that matter will work out cause this one isn't.
    Yawn...
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just how to you propose getting rid of the 1934 and 1968 gun laws?
    I know this isn't the '34 and '68 gun laws, but it "could" be a....start.

What if a representative presented this bill...

Second Amendment Protection Act of 2009

A summary......

"Repeals the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act and the Federal Firearms License Reform Act of 1993. Restores and revives any provisions amended or repealed by such Acts as if such Acts had not been enacted. Repeals provisions of the Internal Revenue Code and the federal criminal code distinguishing firearms used or suitable for sporting, recreational, or cultural purposes from firearms used generally. Repeals the Child Safety Lock Act of 2005 and other provisions of the federal criminal code relating to gun storage and gun safety devices."

Introduced---6/24/2009

Has it gone anywhere since it's introduction?.....ROFLMAO
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    Just how to you propose getting rid of the 1934 and 1968 gun laws?
    I know this isn't the '34 and '68 gun laws, but it "could" be a....start.

What if a representative presented this bill...

Second Amendment Protection Act of 2009

A summary......

"Repeals the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act and the Federal Firearms License Reform Act of 1993. Restores and revives any provisions amended or repealed by such Acts as if such Acts had not been enacted. Repeals provisions of the Internal Revenue Code and the federal criminal code distinguishing firearms used or suitable for sporting, recreational, or cultural purposes from firearms used generally. Repeals the Child Safety Lock Act of 2005 and other provisions of the federal criminal code relating to gun storage and gun safety devices."

Introduced---6/24/2009

Has it gone anywhere since it's introduction?.....ROFLMAO

Pickenup.. thanks for addressing the original question. I believe it was introduced in 2007 and hasn't made it thru a reading. What a joke. I also believe that the govt. passed the 1986 Protection act and can't even go by their own rules. Ammunition was suppose to be able to be shipped by USPS. It can't. What is that about? My biggest gripe was the Hughes Act piled on at the last moment at night when the vote was taken. NO records exist on the vote. But the good news is that if someone would challenge the Hughes.. the govt. would have to show the records. What records? the challenge in fed. court would exist if someone wanted a MG built after May 19, 1986 and were denied. Then the ballgame would start.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Repeal of existing Federal laws will be a tough nut to crack.

As HB noted, the first step is the education of the population as to the intent of the 2nd Amendment. This education is necessary to allow people to see that these laws are in direct contradiction to the U.S. Constitution.

That in and of itself will not be sufficient, as many people, even self-identified 2nd Amendment supporters, justify the existence of these laws for the good of the people. It has been pointed out that a Constitutional challenge to these laws is necessary, and this is also a necessary step. Once that step is taken, and SCOTUS decides in favor of Governmental power to license, register and regulate (which is inevitable) the real work begins.

IMO, the only peaceful resolution is a Constitutional Convention. The spirit of such a Convention will be to either affirm the validity of the Constitution, or amend it so that it is palatable to a 3/4 majority of State Legislatures. An inevitable casualty of such a convention today will be the nullification of the 2nd Amendment in a very real sense, as the vast majority of people and State Legislatures will support the prevailing attitude of licensing, registration and regulation on some level.

So, in order to repeal the 1934 and 1968 Federal anti-Constitutional gun regulation laws, the population must first be educated to the very real threat that is posed by an over-reaching Government. The simple fact that the NRA and (apparently) most gun owners support many of these Federal Laws shows us that this will most likely never happen.

These individuals fear an armed criminal more than they fear an oppressive government. They refuse to recognize the fact that a government that exceeds its charter is the ultimate armed criminal enterprise.

Until that changes, the law will not.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Amen to that, brother.

Some of the most worthless lumps of protoplasm I have ever met have been rich men.rich in the coin of the realm.poor in everything that makes a man.

Watch it now you two,.....I have been called a 'rich man' here before. Rob has been also![:0][:D]

I actually feel better cuz I think Rob is worth more than me.[8D]

PS: I don't think the Capt. does too bad either.[;)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    Amen to that, brother.

Watch it now you two,.....I have been called a 'rich man' here before. Rob has been also![:0][:D]

LMAO. I would like to hear their definition of rich.[:o)][:o)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Amen to that, brother.

As per usual SF, you have shown yourself to be a very small man.
    Although it makes no difference to me, why don't you post your net worth?

I will be 100% honest, and say if it is more or less than mine.
    Some folks like me just don't spend a ton on toys per se, and do other things with it.

I have tried on occasion to get along with you, but I must say in all honesty that you are among the largest 'azzholes' that I have ever encountered on this forum.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Amen to that, brother.

Some folks like me just don't spend a ton on toys per se, and do other things with it.

I have tried on occasion to get along with you, but I must say in all honesty that you are among the largest 'azzholes' that I have ever encountered on this forum.

I don't care of your sorry * either. Everytime I post a thread you morons get on it and try and ruin it. Pickenup is the only one who answered the question. I cannot help if jeolousy has you or your cronies mindset.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Amen to that, brother.

I don't care of your sorry * either. Everytime I post a thread you morons get on it and try and ruin it. Pickenup is the only one who answered the question. I cannot help if jeolousy has you or your cronies mindset.

You might wish to try 'jealousy' my friend,.....I won't even go into the other mistakes.

I certainly do not envy you, actually I pity you.[xx(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well I will say a prayer for you tonight . You don't know me but want to belittle me in a public forum. That ball plays in my court too.