In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Answer this one

RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
Suppose a new law is passed restricting gun ownership to blue-eyed, blond-haired white men who have passed a background check that goes all the way back to birth, with not as much as a parking ticket on their record. Each applicant must pass a detailed psychological screening and attend a three-month firearms-safety training course.

There are special vending machines located in areas set up similarly to ATM machines. A special government-issued card is used and a data base records each transaction in detail, and a color photo of the buyer is taken.

Would that be safe enough? [;)]

Comments

• steveaustinsteveaustin Member Posts: 852 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    still too many hoops for me. i like gunshows and the folks that run them. plus, sometimes i get to haggle if i have cash in hand.
  • RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    I am all up for it, I think it's time gun ownership should be restricted to military and law enforcement already, and hunting became as restrictive as it is in the rest of the world. Citizens have no business wielding such powerful tools of destruction as guns, and all the bababooyee about the big evil government... c'mon, would never happen in such a wonderful and developed society as ours. [xx(]
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    I'm all for it!

We could start a group called Nutless Revisionists of America. For short we could call it NRA.
  • tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    after awhile, there would be no blue eyed blonde haired men, folks would cut their throats, then take their guns..or hold their family hostage while they make them do straw purchases on the old atm'er....naw, right back in the same boat...may as well sell them out the back of a truck, so's the blonde fellers can walk in peace[:0]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter
    I'm all for it!

We could start a group called Nutless Revisionists of America. For short we could call it NRA.[:D][:D][:D]Priceless.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter
    I'm all for it!

We could start a group called Nutless Revisionists of America. For short we could call it NRA.

I knew there was a reason I liked you.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele