In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

OK, You Got Me

tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
Yeah, I'm not afraid to admit it. I got my * kicked on this one about the mistake of the idea about selling guns from vending machines and the mistake of wanting absolutely no gun laws what-so-ever. I actually thought common sense and reason could easily win out over crazy thinking. Crazy thinking such as being in favor of selling guns out of vending machines.

The sad thing is the ongoing, apparently never ending anti/pro gun rights war in America. Yeah, like it or not I am pro-gun, I just don't believe in such things as selling guns out of vending machines.

We will always have the hard core anti-gun side and the hard core pro-gun side and that will never change. Neither side can win the gun rights war just by themselves. So, like it or not, if the pro-gun side is going to ever reach a solid victory on this issue, we are going to need the help of the large, middle of the road group of citizens who don't feel very strongly one way or the other.

You are not going to attract that middle of the road group if you mention in public (like on GB.com) that you favor selling guns from vending machines.

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    You suppose the patriots gave a damn about attracting the tories to their side of the fight Tr?

Get a clue. We HAVE a constitution. We are NOT radicals, we only expect the contract be followed. You "middle road" people are perfectly happy living outside the constitution, just at varying levels. Just because you don't wholeheartedly agree with Obama, you are STILL in his camp TR. You choose to saddle people with laws and regulation outside of the scope of the constitution.

You either squarely stand WITH the constitution and the people, or you stand against it. Like it or not, you can't be both. Nobody is a little pregnant, they either ARE or they are NOT.

2+2 ALLWAYS equals 4. Paint the answer any way you like, it doesn't change facts.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey, freeblemind, weren't you the one who made reference to Wayne's "ball washer?" Heck, I didn't even know Wayne played golf. Come to think of it, how did YOU know that? Unless you have been washing his balls?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    Hey, freeblemind, weren't you the one who made reference to Wayne's "ball washer?" Heck, I didn't even know Wayne played golf. Come to think of it, how did YOU know that? Unless you have been washing his balls?

It isn't golf balls you are washing. But then again you do handle them so you would know.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I'm not afraid to admit it. I got my * kicked on this one about the mistake of the idea about selling guns from vending machines and the mistake of wanting absolutely no gun laws what-so-ever. I actually thought common sense and reason could easily win out over crazy thinking. Crazy thinking such as being in favor of selling guns out of vending machines.

The sad thing is the ongoing, apparently never ending anti/pro gun rights war in America. Yeah, like it or not I am pro-gun, I just don't believe in such things as selling guns out of vending machines.

We will always have the hard core anti-gun side and the hard core pro-gun side and that will never change. Neither side can win the gun rights war just by themselves. So, like it or not, if the pro-gun side is going to ever reach a solid victory on this issue, we are going to need the help of the large, middle of the road group of citizens who don't feel very strongly one way or the other.

You are not going to attract that middle of the road group if you mention in public (like on GB.com) that you favor selling guns from vending machines.
    I sincerely believe that you are pro-gun, trfox.

The problem is, that you and your NRA-esque beliefs and views are in fact 'anti-liberty' and 'anti-constitutional'.

There is a distinct difference in those concepts and in being 'pro-gun'. This is another of those 'skunks in your woodpile' which you either ignore, or that you simply do not recognize.

Again, this is what we call 'a clue' as to the difference in your world-view from many here and why your professed beliefs meet so much derision and resistance.

Think about it...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind
    You suppose the patriots gave a damn about attracting the tories to their side of the fight Tr?

Get a clue. We HAVE a constitution. We are NOT radicals, we only expect the contract be followed. You "middle road" people are perfectly happy living outside the constitution, just at varying levels. Just because you don't wholeheartedly agree with Obama, you are STILL in his camp TR. You choose to saddle people with laws and regulation outside of the scope of the constitution.

You either squarely stand WITH the constitution and the people, or you stand against it. Like it or not, you can't be both. Nobody is a little pregnant, they either ARE or they are NOT.

2+2 ALLWAYS equals 4. Paint the answer any way you like, it doesn't change facts.
    Brother James[:)].

Outstanding summation.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,381 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    I got my * kicked on this For the umpteenth time since I've been on these fourms.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    quote:Originally posted by freemind

Brother James[:)].

Outstanding summation.

Thank you Brother Jeff. I am no wordsmith such as you, but I can get my point across once in a while. [:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, maybe I did a poor job of presenting my case. So, even though it is probably a waste of time, I will add just one last comment and then, as I already mentioned, I give up.

I DO NOT advocate any laws restricting lawful citizens from excerising their constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

I DO advocate laws restricting the sellers of firearms only in that they cannot legally sell firearms to children, people with a violent history, people with documented mental illness or illegal aliens. This, among other things, would mean no selling firearms out of vending machines because the seller is not able to know if any of the above mentioned are buying his firearms.

NOw, knowing that such laws will not stop most of the above people from obtaining firearms if they want them bad enough, I DO advocate making it illegal for them to possess firearms. Then, when and if those people are caught with their illegal possession of firearms they can be dealt with. Without any laws those people would just be able to go on their merry with their firearms.

I don't know, that all makes sense to me but I know it won't make sense here.
  • Options
    COBmmcmssCOBmmcmss Member Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fox,

When you make the exception for one "group of people", then you have started down that slippery slope to make it easier to justify withholding rights from two groups of people, then three... where does it stop?

Let Darwinism handle those who desire to sit down and talk with evil people bent on destruction. Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.

Whether dispensed through vending machines, back alleys or what, those who are bent on not following societies laws will not. Those who will, should not have any of their rights infringed. What is the difference whether I own a machinegun or a single shot rifle? If I was bent on the destruction of my fellow man, I would achieve it. The law makes no difference in my goal. To say that it does is to laugh in the face of years of evidence to the contrary.

I say simply, do not infringe my rights.
  • Options
    swiftswift Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Isn't the Constitution our first and strongest form of law? You are right TR we must have law as a society or we have nothing but chaos and no standards to live by. There are too many gun laws, I'm sure we would all agree, and we would probably all agree on much more if we could get past the personal attacks coming from the same people on most any issue, except those posted by there good old buddies.
  • Options
    COBmmcmssCOBmmcmss Member Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by swift
    Isn't the Constitution our first and strongest form of law? You are right TR we must have law as a society or we have nothing but chaos and no standards to live by. There are too many gun laws, I'm sure we would all agree, and we would probably all agree on much more if we could get past the personal attacks coming from the same people on most any issue, except those posted by there good old buddies.

Sorry but the Constitution is not our first and strongest form of law. We were founded on English Common Law and hence the Common Law and the Ten Commandments (the basis of both Common and Equity Law) were our first laws.

As to the Constitution, it says nothing about laws against gun ownership. So where do we derive the authority to impose any law in opposition to the Constitution? I stand firmly in there should be no laws on guns, only trigger locks or Molykote. LOL
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Guns do not make or break laws, therefore there are no laws on guns. The laws are for people.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:Guns do not make or break laws, therefore there are no laws on guns. The laws are for people.
    Really ? Along with being anti-gun...you have a serious comprehension problem.
    Ever seen a 15" barreled rifle or a full auto ? Requires MUCH more paperwork then a 'rifle'....ALL DIRECTED AT A CERTAIN CLASS OF WEAPON....
    Drop tests, magazine requirementsa..the list goes on and on and...'pre-98 weapons'....
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    quote:Guns do not make or break laws, therefore there are no laws on guns. The laws are for people.
    Ever seen a 15" barreled rifle or a full auto ? Requires MUCH more paperwork then a 'rifle'....ALL DIRECTED AT A CERTAIN CLASS OF WEAPON....
    Drop tests, magazine requirementsa..the list goes on and on and...'pre-98 weapons'....

Your sense of humor must be equal to your intelligence. Being a FFL Dealer, A state hunter education instructor and a shooting range safety officer? I guess that all adds up to being anti-gun. I could use the same level of rational and call you a child molesting drunk with a name like highball. But then I'd be in the same gutter as you. Try sobering up and use what cells you have left to focus on the issue's instead of picking fights and insulting people you know nothing about.
  • Options
    Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball

Your sense of humor must be equal to your intelligence. Being a FFL Dealer, A state hunter education instructor and a shooting range safety officer? I guess that all adds up to being anti-gun. I could use the same level of rational and call you a child molesting drunk with a name like highball. But then I'd be in the same gutter as you. Try sobering up and use what cells you have left to focus on the issue's instead of picking fights and insulting people you know nothing about.
    well, all I see his his pointing out the error in your post.

You were wrong, just admit it instead of attacking him to try to save face. It is ok to be wrong, we all are on occasion [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Law are for people not guns. I've yet to see a gun break a law without someone using it to do so. It was meant for those with a sense of humor. There is no error just misinterpreted by a reader. I didn't know this was such a sticks and stones game.
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    Law are for people not guns. I've yet to see a gun break a law without someone using it to do so. It was meant for those with a sense of humor. There is no error just misinterpreted by a reader. I didn't know this was such a sticks and stones game.
    Really? Have you ever seen an Ithaca Auto and Burglar? The Ithaca Auto and Burglar was a U.S.-made factory-built pistol-gripped double barrel 20 gauge shotgun with a 12.250" barrel. As 0f 1934 it breaks the law simply by existing.

That's one example. Care to see a few more?
  • Options
    MatchshotMatchshot Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster
    Really? Have you ever seen an Ithaca Auto and Burglar? The Ithaca Auto and Burglar was a U.S.-made factory-built pistol-gripped double barrel 20 gauge shotgun with a 12.250" barrel. As 0f 1934 it breaks the law simply by existing.

Beauty

autoburg.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I doubt you even realize that guns used to come in bags of grain/feed.[V]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Matchshot

As I implied the firearm will not be arrested, only the person possessing it. It resembles the snake charmer.

Beauty

autoburg.gif
  • Options
    pianogirlpianogirl Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:Your sense of humor must be equal to your intelligence. I appreciate that you recognize that I have a well-developed sense of humor.thank you.

quote:Being a FFL Dealer,
    That, along with your support of gun laws, makes you nothing more then a willing agent of the Beast.

quote:A state hunter education instructor
    I must have missed the part about 'The state SHALL require state education to hunt for food' in the Constitution.
    Just more Beast interference in the daily lives of citizens, the positions eagerly sought after and filled by self-aggrandizing Beast-lovers..
    By discouraging hunting, the Beast eventually eliminates it.THEN, since `guns are for hunting' there will be no NEED for weapons.ehhh, skippy ?

quote:and af shooting range safety officer?Such a sad thing...minor bureaurats that has even a tiny bit of control over other peoples lives that are anti-gunners..just like the NRA.

Someday, we will give a simple test. That test will determine an individuals worth...and ability to perform ANY public job, or a job in the weapons field .
    Hook `em up to a machine, ask one simple question;

DO you support gun laws ?
    An affirmative answer, or lying about it, gets you public scorn.and resorting to eating out of the dumpsters behind McDonalds.

Oh.
    About the gutter ?
    I have gotten proficient at fighting in the gutter ;
    That is where the enemies of America live.
    You know...politicians, gun law supporters...that sort of garbage.

Sadly,I guess that all adds up to being anti-gun.
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Matchshot

As I implied the firearm will not be arrested, only the person possessing it. It resembles the snake charmer.

Beauty

autoburg.gif

Actually, the person possessing it may or may not be arrested, but it is quite likely that it will suffer the indignity of being seized and destroyed for committing no crime other than existing.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,009 ******
    edited November -1
    Extra-double wow.