In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Amazon.com Fire Mission

IncitatusIncitatus Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
New Anti-Gun Book:

Lethal Logic: Exploding the Myths That Paralyze American Gun Policy
Author: Dennis Henigan, Vice President of Brady Campaign

51zbtvJOEoL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

So far, this piece of anti-Second Amendment propaganda has a rating of 3 out of 5 stars from 12 reader reviews.

Let's get to work guys and bury it!
Follow this link: http://tinyurl.com/l6ar6x scroll down the page, log in with your Amazon.com account (if you don't have one you can create one in less than 2 minutes), click on "Leave Your Own Review" and tell the author (V.P. of Brady bunch) and the anti-gun reviewers what you believe about their crap. Let's bury this book piece of disinformation and propaganda under a ton of common sense pro-gun arguments!

quote:Product Description
"Guns don't kill people; people kill people."

"When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns."

"An armed society is a polite society."

Who hasn't heard these engaging assertions, time and time again? Burned into the national consciousness by years of targeted, disciplined messaging by the National Rifle Association and others, they are just a few of the bumper-sticker slogans that have defined the gun control debate in America. Long ridiculed by gun control advocates, they are the first words that come to mind for most Americans when the gun issue is discussed.

This is the first book both to acknowledge the profound and deadly impact of the gun lobby's bumper-sticker logic on the gun control debate and to systematically expose the misguided thinking at the core of the pro-gun slogans. Indeed, the author contends that the gun lobby's remarkable success in blocking passage of lifesaving gun laws is the result, in large part, of its relentless and effective use of these simple and resonant messages. Their persuasive power has been a largely ignored influence on the current politics of gun control, in which the gun lobby wields unprecedented power in the Republican Party, while many Democratic Party leaders see the policy benefits of stronger gun laws as not worth the political risk of standing up to the NRA. The book contends that the current political stalemate over guns will never be broken until the pro-gun slogans are exposed as the cleverly disguised fallacies that they are.

About the Author
Dennis A. Henigan is the Vice President for Law and Policy at the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence and Founder of its Legal Action Project. For twenty years, he has been a leading advocate for stronger gun laws, appearing dozens of times on national television shows, including 60 Minutes, The Today Show, Nightline, Larry King Live, and Dateline NBC. Henigan coauthored Guns and the Constitution: The Myth of Second Amendment Protection for Firearms in America (Aletheia Press, 1995).

Comments

• Options
    chaoslodgechaoslodge Member Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My review is posted. See below.

quote:I am a liberal.
    I am pro choice,
    pro gay marriage,
    pro labor, etc,....
    and most of all pro Constitution and Civil Rights of which the "right to keep and bear arms" is one of the most important. What the Brady crowd fails to recognize is that the civil right to keep and bear arms is no different from that of free speech, or any other civil right. The guarantee of these rights is what makes Americans, citizens and not subjects. The primary reason for owning a firearm and being proficient with it is purely patriotic. Self defense, hunting, and other sporting activities are secondary.
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chaoslodge

My review is posted. See below.

quote:I am a liberal.
    I am pro choice,
    pro gay marriage,
    pro labor, etc,....
    and most of all pro Constitution and Civil Rights of which the "right to keep and bear arms" is one of the most important. What the Brady crowd fails to recognize is that the civil right to keep and bear arms is no different from that of free speech, or any other civil right. The guarantee of these rights is what makes Americans, citizens and not subjects. The primary reason for owning a firearm and being proficient with it is purely patriotic. Self defense, hunting, and other sporting activities are secondary.

The man gets it.[;)]
  • Options
    mr_floppymr_floppy Member Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I post over in the general section but would like to let you know an FYI I found this on a popular blog this morning that this is being linked on the web.

Direct link mentioning your GB discussion
    http://www.snowflakesinhell.com/2009/12/03/dennis-henigan-discovers-the-grassroots/

A thread on henigan:
    http://armedandsafe.blogspot.com/2009/12/dennis-henigan-getting-picked-on-by.html#links

Another blog showing correspondence from some of the positive reviews (from gun control activists):
    http://daysofourtrailers.blogspot.com/2009/12/dennis-henigan-and-grassroots.html
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    "Life-saving guns laws." Yeah. How many lives have the thousands of gun laws already in existence saved?