In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Threat of Gun Control and the Obama Administration

2»

Comments

• wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TommyLaw9
    What is amazing is that people actually believe Obama is going to steal all their guns, demilitarize our military bases, and enact sweeping legislation to ban the firearms trade!

I live in San Diego/Long Beach, I am so thankful there is an assault weapon ban and pretty strict gun control here...

However I sleep with a loaded .45 less than a foot away from my bed because regardless of whatever safeguards we have in place, people always find a way around them...and I don't want that a-hole coming in my house...regardless of if he is wearing a military uniform or a ski-mask.

HMMMMMMM.........
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    What is amazing is that people actually believe Obama is going to steal all their guns, demilitarize our military bases, and enact sweeping legislation to ban the firearms trade!

I live in San Diego/Long Beach, I am so thankful there is an assault weapon ban and pretty strict gun control here...

However I sleep with a loaded .45 less than a foot away from my bed because regardless of whatever safeguards we have in place, people always find a way around them...and I don't want that a-hole coming in my house...regardless of if he is wearing a military uniform or a ski-mask.

you make zero sense.

You sleep with a loaded gun by your bed, yet you are glad that there is "strict gun control", and further you acknowledge that they (gun control laws) are failures?

You are, at best, a very confused person.
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Well,

I maintain arms and pratice with them on a frequent basis, because no matter what safeguards to our liberty are in place, there will always be those trying to find a way around them...I neither want nor will tolerate those a-holes coming into my 'house'...regardless if they are wearing a 'D' or an 'R'.
  • COBmmcmssCOBmmcmss Member Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Tommy,

It's not so much Obama is going to "steal" our guns... It's the fact that he has routinely preached and enacted gun control which forbids the American citizen from actually owning them.

I too lived in San Diego/L.A. and the assault weapon has been demonized like an SUV in California. The government has been continually eroding the right of the American citizen to own weapons. The crux of the issue is how much do we allow the 2nd Amendment to erode before it's too late to get it back?

Also, why do you sleep with a loaded 45? Do you not trust the government to come to your aid in a time of crisis? 911 is only a dial away... unless you get a busy signal LOL

Consider what field of law you want to practice. You may want to look at criminal law to realize what we are in risk of losing.

COB
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    quote: I am so thankful there is an assault weapon ban and pretty strict gun control here...Yeah. It's already been demonstrated how effective these things are at crime reduction. Why sleep with a gun? You're already safe.
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    I am so thankful there is an assault weapon ban and pretty strict gun control here...
    After a statement like that jpwolf, I SERIOUSLY doubt there is any hope. [V]

Yup. Oh well.

Not sure who is the bigger *. Me for seeing something that wasn't there, and not cracking him from the get-go, or him for just being a *??
    On the bright side, neither is incurable.
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1

Yep, its such a good thing those criminals know that law and abide by it. You must sleep to good at night knowing this.................. Yep, good job, you're a smart one.[:)]
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Explorer1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster
    What conservatives? Name one.

Sarah Palin - one of the VERY few! May want to include Bob Barr, B-1 Bob (Dornan), Ron Paul, the list is short, most all on the marginalized persons list...
    Sorry that I was unclear. I suppose I should have said "conservatives that are relevant."
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf
    Not sure who is the bigger *. Me for seeing something that wasn't there, and not cracking him from the get-go, or him for just being a *??
    No * on either count.

Like you said, we have caused "some" people to see the light.
    You never know........if'n ya don't try.

It is just that after he read your statement about taking it easy on him, then he comes up with what he did. I fear he may be TOO FAR gone. Maybe not, we shall see.[V]
  • jhimcojhimco Member Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would it be appropriate to tell this guy to shut up?quote:Originally posted by TommyLaw9

• HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:Would it be appropriate to tell this guy to shut up?

Nahh.
    Just mention that THIS is the gun owners that will shoot you in the back, in the event of real trouble. The guy that will pick up the phone and call the authorities to squeal on you.
    This is just another TRFox, or loyal NRA member...the woods are FULL of them out there.

Just another misguided american..full of government propaganda.