In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Can you feel it?

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
Can you feel the earth shaking yet?

I just got a call this afternoon. Emergency meeting called for tomorrow.
Public meeting with media in two weeks.

Time IS short men. Better have your supplies stocked NOW.

Comments

• Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    big layoff's expected here starting tuesday. my landlord just got laid off and he is going to lose the house i'm in-this week the new investors are supposed to come see if we want to buy it--I will probably be moving---wife is at Costco & Walmart now buying extra stuff.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,356 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    We are as ready as we can get, which is not as ready as I would like, but better I'm sure than 90% of other residents.
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind
    Can you feel the earth shaking yet?

I just got a call this afternoon. Emergency meeting called for tomorrow.
    Public meeting with media in two weeks.

Time IS short men. Better have your supplies stocked NOW.

Thanks for the heads up !

We have been waiting patiently for this !
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    I feel it stronger than alot of you. I find myself un-prepared. First time in my life. The perfect storm of events has left my flank un-guarded. Have to act quickly to close the gap. Hope I have enough time. Stupid stupid stupid[xx(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf
    I feel it stronger than alot of you. I find myself un-prepared. First time in my life. The perfect storm of events has left my flank un-guarded. Have to act quickly to close the gap. Hope I have enough time. Stupid stupid stupid[xx(]

Do the best you can. Don't put yourself in a hurt getting ready. Just do it as quickly and as dollar-wise as you can.

What are you lacking? Is there a direction we can point you in to help get ready?
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    No, not really. Stockpiles are minimal at best. It's not something I'm proud of, ya know? I will get by. The Lord has always made the way, He won't stop now, as long as I don't.
  • Options
    45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What are you guys talking about? What meeting?
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    jp,

you've got mail.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I believe you have several weeks, at least until the day after the presidential election.[xx(]

As a mininum;
    You better stock pile several gallons (2 gallons /day per person) of drinking water and food. I won't even mention the ammo!

About a year a go, I put together a survival bag in case I need to escape the area. It has everything I need to survive outside of my usual element. I am upgrading it today ! It is something that can be carried on foot if need be. This is the extreme, but I would rather not need it and have it, than not have it and need it.

Call me a freak......I call it survival !
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    IAMAHUSKERIAMAHUSKER Member Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Because I just moved into a bigger house I am somewhat unprepared myself. The Lord has always provided so, I will have to have a bit more faith. The Lords will be done.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think we're at that point yet.

As long as beans and 'taters are on the shelf at Kroger's, things will stay relatively normal.

When the food trucks quit rolling.....its going to get ugly real fast.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,356 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    freemind.....check your mail.
  • Options
    JuggernautJuggernaut Member Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 45long
    What are you guys talking about? What meeting?

I think that it may be just for the canary thing, but either way whats the story, if you got info let us know?
    Just be careful as we are being watched of course.
  • Options
    45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like something is going weird.

"Ahhhhh Rodger red rider. We'll meet at big reds 20 @ 1930. Be prepared. There are infiltrators everywhere. Yeah rodger that maverick. Make sure we have plenty of beans and weenies. C u there. Watch your 6."

I must really be out of the loop on this one *LOL* And I think I'm glad about that. I mean come on guys *LOL*. But hey at least you have your survival day packs ready just in case the big one hits. *ROTFLMAO*
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Laugh laughing boy.
  • Options
    RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops

I think you need a bit more faith in people. Places like Chicago, NYC, SF, LA, DFW, etc. might be where it's going to get ugly fast, but not the rest of the country. But, hey, maybe I am just being overly optimistic with my faith in decency and moral of the people, of course, there is a ton of trash out there, but somehow I don't believe that majority of people is going to get nasty, rather otherwise, I think we'll see a lot of charity, compassion and giving a hand to those who need it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MT357
    freemind.....check your mail.

[;)]
    Now check yours...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 45long
    Sounds like something is going weird.

"Ahhhhh Rodger red rider. We'll meet at big reds 20 @ 1930. Be prepared. There are infiltrators everywhere. Yeah rodger that maverick. Make sure we have plenty of beans and weenies. C u there. Watch your 6."

I must really be out of the loop on this one *LOL* And I think I'm glad about that. I mean come on guys *LOL*. But hey at least you have your survival day packs ready just in case the big one hits. *ROTFLMAO*

Just keep on giggling. Laugh ALL THE way to the detention camp.

Some of us have been paying attention. Obviously not you. Thats ok, we didn't need ya anyway....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't think we're at that point yet.

As long as beans and 'taters are on the shelf at Kroger's, things will stay relatively normal.

If you wait that long it will be too late !
    You all need to do this now when there is no rush !
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Whats the story, if you got info let us know?
    Email?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rockatansky

I think you need a bit more faith in people.

Its not so much an issue of "faith in people" as understanding human nature.

This isn't about the animals that destroyed what was left of New Orleans after Katrina...I'm talking about "normal" folks

How many people have enough food on hand for even 2 weeks? I doubt its even 10%. Those people can't support their communities for anymore than a couple days.

Grocery stores generally only keep a few days worth of food on the shelf at a time....that would disappear much quicker in a "panic" situation.

It would be absolute chaos....and it wouldn't even take 30 days
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Rack Ops, with all due respect, I disagree. [:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, you wouldn't be the first.

Any ideas on where I'm going wrong?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Juggernaut
    Whats the story, if you got info let us know?
    Email?

With all due respect, have you been paying attention? Where is the "bailout" money coming from hmmm?

Oh thats right, they are just printing another trillion or so, in fiat currency. You know what hyper-inflation is?
    You been listening to China and France screaming for a "one world currency"? What you suppose is going to happen in the short term?

Our currency will decline at a rapid pace, in value.
    The fed will buy banks and hold ownership in them.
    Private home ownership is about to be socialized.

When money becomes valueless, and gas is $10 a gallon, do you suppose that martial will be used to quell the chaos that will be bound to insue?

There have been many moves by many people, to get us here. The decline of our republic is accelerating at breakneck speed. You can choose to see it, or laugh it off. None the less, their plan is well underway.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    First off calm down as we are on the same side and yeah I have been paying attention as it would be difficult not to and obviously I know what's going on as if any of you knew me you would realize that, which at this point is a bit difficult; just trying to belong with the like minded as it were as I am sure that there are several others as well even though care must be taken to avoid those that are not whom they claim to be; and I don't need another "because no one gives a sheet to answer you" response either, not everyone is part of the goon squad so at least offer some common courtesy.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Any ideas on where I'm going wrong?

Not wrong at all, just different. I'll work on an essay what exactly I see differently a little later today.
  • Options
    Lucky_LeftyLucky_Lefty Member Posts: 7,971
    edited November -1
    I recieved a letter from my job saying I will be laid off in Dec, and im in workmans comp right now so things are going to get rough.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Really sorry to hear that and hope that things will change for the better for you. Just got through watching `Matewan' the movie that was based on the true story of coal miners fighting the tyrannical coal mining company and kind of reminds you of our struggle against another tyrannical entity.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My opinion is that, I am done trying to wake up those who do not want to be awoken. I am tired and have plenty to worry about myself. I pray the Lord will keep them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by IAMAHUSKER
    My opinion is that, I am done trying to wake up those who do not want to be awoken. I am tired and have plenty to worry about myself. I pray the Lord will keep them.

Don't give up Husker. Frustrations aside (I have them too, real bad), if we don't keep the real issues in front of people, we lose for sure.

I am not ready to toss in the towel just yet.[8)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Freemind...shoot me an email...I need to talk...unfortunately I'm one of the un-prepared...The Lord God has always provided for me though.
  • Options
    coltpaxcoltpax Member Posts: 8,114
    edited November -1
    yea. new to this forum. can somebody explain whats goin on? emails fine if it works. thanks yall
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by coltpax
    yea. new to this forum. can somebody explain whats goin on? emails fine if it works. thanks yall

BATFE is confiscating all firearms! Bury them in your BY, NOW! [:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC
    Freemind...shoot me an email...I need to talk...unfortunately I'm one of the un-prepared...The Lord God has always provided for me though.

Sent to gmail account.
  • Options
    1776-19761776-1976 Member Posts: 284 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does freemind know something I dont? Send me an email so I can make preparations.
  • Options
    steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This would be the kind of "panic" I was talking about Highball.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Sort of like the military does on a daily basis, Eh, Steve ?

Studying the world around us, and doing the best we can to ensure our survival ?

I heard not one word about running down the street with our hair on fire...rather, a common sense 'get thee prepared for hard times' scenario.

What do you call it when the police put together a 'game day'..whereby squads of officers train to repel boarders ?

That 'panic', also ?
    Naturally, the police and military play with all sorts of neat stuff...PLUS endless stores of food, weapons, water, medical supplies...ALL furnished by decent honorable citizens...

PLUS those self-same citizens must provide for their OWN security/medical/food AGAINST that predatory government.....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I wasn't calling for a panic.

I was calling on the people to get ready.

Perhaps you don't see it Steve, but MANY people are pissed. None of the politicians are listening to ANY of the people.

This poitical environment is MUCH different than anyone alive can remember.

We are treading into uncharted waters for this country.
  • Options
    steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Highball, Freemind, I agree people should be ready. Im one of the pissed with the bailouts and healthcare getting rammed through the government. My original commment was directed towards NYForesters article about Bush taking days off. Thats old news and to his mind makes me asleep? I pulled up the old posting because it suggested you expected trouble with Obamas election. It did'nt happen. We are watching and if trouble comes along we'll know about it. For example, if Obama wins a second term I would expect him to go after the second amendment and private gun ownership. If he does you can bet it will be front page news. I would think anyone who hangs around at this website will be talking about nothing else. I also think that will be the straw that breaks the camels back.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Steve ;
    There is perhaps a fine line between 'panic' and 'Calling all able bodied men to the wall"...

But there IS a line.
    I know of no way to urge others to prepare themselves without pointing to the actions of the government, and comparing those actions to the Constitution.

Those actions at time seem to require a higher degree of warning..attempting to stir the couch potatoes to to DO something.

NONE of us know the future..but one can chart a general direction. That direction is towards killing fields and slit trenches.
    I intend to continue to do my level best to alert any that will pay the slightest attention to this fact.