In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How does a C&R ship a handgun to California

1zztop11zztop1 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
How does a C&R ship a handgun to California ( Luger )?? I have the customers Dealers FFL.

How do I get a Firearms Shipment Approval from the Cal. Dept. of Justice Bureau of Firearms website??

Comments

• impactcoimpactco Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are an FFL03, you are exempt. Only FFL01s are required to get shipment approval. Just make sure the FFL01 in California will accept a shipment from a private individual.
  • 1zztop11zztop1 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The FFL 01 claims he will send the gun back if I do not send him the firearms shipment approval. Even though I am exempt, can I get a firearms shipment approval to satisfy his requirement, and if so, how do I get it???

Thank you

PS. My feeling is as many people as possible should be legally shipping firearms to California. It will piss off the anti-gun politicians and media to no end, and may help get some of these restrictive laws changed for the better !
  • Deadred707Deadred707 Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tell the buyer to find a new FFL that knows the law. [:(!]
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Either the dealer doesn't know his own laws or he doesn't want to accept a handgun from a C&R holder and wants it shipped from another FFL dealer.