In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

WA State Draconian Gun Bills- HELP!

fedxer78fedxer78 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
Hey guys;

If anyone on here lives in WA, beware that the State House and Senate have introduced bills to attack gun owners rights. They are:

SB 6396 (Assault Weapons Bill)
HB 2264 and 2274 (Gun Show Bills)

So far, all are in committee. Unfortunately, our legislature is controlled by the progressive Democratic Caucus, who think they have a mandate to screw with us now.

A public hearing is scheduled for Tuesday 1/26/10 @ 10am in the committee room (Judiciary Committee) concerning SB 6396. My hope is that we can jam the room with concerned citizens, to show our disapproval for this garbage legislation, before it is too late.

When the bills were introduced, I immediately emailed my reps and senator. Seems they don't care to answer me (and many others I know who also emailed them and others).

*just a note: some of the bill's sponsors sit on this committee, IMHO a conflict of the public interest.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,376 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Article in the Seattle Times this morning to the jist that the Homeland Defense Rifle bill is pretty much DOA.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You mention that there is an article in the Seattle Times, regarding this bill?

I missed it, but am also skeptical of anything written by the Times. I hope it's not an attempt to make gun owners complacent about this issue, so we don't show up to the hearing.

They have been known to do this sort of thing in the past!

Thank you for the info.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,376 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Horse Plains Drifter- I appreciate the link to the info in the Times. I don't usually read it (due to it's politics), but am glad to see some Legislators still stand for principles in Olympia.

One can only hope and pray these bills crash and burn in committee!!
  • Options
    fore43fore43 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I suppose it is appropriate that Mr. Kline who is a co-sponsor is also sponsoring a bill to abolish the death penalty. Wouldn't want to be too tough on criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I guess I should have known that the proponents would misrepresent the facts. I just finished reviewing the Committee public meeting testimony (now posted on TVW for the Judiciary Committee- SB 6396). If anyone else wants to see the kind of spin employed by the anti-gun forces (first-hand, from their own mouths), you should watch it.
    I used to believe it was wrong to lie in a committee hearing, but I no longer believe that to be the case. Feel free to see for yourself (google TVW, committee hearing for SB 6396)
    Somebody needs to ask about where the anti-gun organizations get their money (maybe UN NGOs, foreign interests, etc.) Legislation needs to be introduced/enacted that would prohibit this, and it needs to be done immediately!! Any organization or politician accepting foreign money (or money in any way tied to foreign contributors) should be prosecuted, especially when the aim is to damage liberty in this country!