In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Kansas City Star

edstilledstill Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
This garbage was in the Kansas City Star, Sunday Jan. 17. Written by a guy who usually writes about the outdoors. I think his columm must be on the chopping block, so he is trying to drum up intrest. See what you think. Edstill

http://www.kansascity.com/news/columnists/cw_gusewelle/story/1689017.html

Comments

• Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes it sounds like he's stirring the pot like you said. The bad news is the antis will take this running as "proof" we need more restrictions.
    Yet still oblivious to the fact that crimminals don't abide by the law.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From the link:

'I've heard the slogan, "Guns don't kill people. People do." True enough. But guns are the killers' preferred tools. It's clear that unregulated firearms are key contributors to this crisis in American urban life.'

Dollars to donuts says most, if not all, of those firearms were regulated in some manner.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Yet more proof concerning the deadly threat to the Second Amendment...gun owning anti-gunners.

Cowards, sycophants, beast-lovers...they are unable to separate their personal fears from inalienable Rights.

He prefers..as does MOST of the cowards demanding gun control...to punish the law-abiding instead of the criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My letter to the editor in reply to Gusewelle:

The editors down at the Star must really be putting the pressure on old Gusewelle to make some noise and stir up some interest in his column. Please, Please, Please, Mr. Gusewelle explain to this uneducated boob, just how registering my shotgun with some government agency will in anyway effect crime. Are you really that naive or stupid that you believe criminals will get in line and register their weapons? Do you really think criminals give a dam what is "against the law". Isn't murder and the possession of a firearm by a felon already "against the law"? I do not know the answer to our crime problems, but I know firearms registration is NOT the answer Edstill
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    appreciate your simple factual reply..they need to get thousands like it
  • Options
    edited November -1
    There were three "letters to the editor" concerning gun registration yesterday. Most a little stronger then mine. No telling how many they received. Most called Mr. Gusewelle a trader to his outdoor readers. Edstill
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by edstill
    My letter to the editor in reply to Gusewelle:

The editors down at the Star must really be putting the pressure on old Gusewelle to make some noise and stir up some interest in his column. Please, Please, Please, Mr. Gusewelle explain to this uneducated boob, just how registering my shotgun with some government agency will in anyway effect crime. Are you really that naive or stupid that you believe criminals will get in line and register their weapons? Do you really think criminals give a dam what is "against the law". Isn't murder and the possession of a firearm by a felon already "against the law"? I do not know the answer to our crime problems, but I know firearms registration is NOT the answer Edstill

I appauld your efforts at resisting such goofey articles in the KC Red Star by writing a counterpoint letter to the idiot Gusewelle. He has long been nothing but the "token" gun guy and the "token" hunter writing for the Star. I guess they feel by having a token hunter/gun owner writing hunting/gun articles, even though those articles are about as anti-gun/hunting as some articles coming from the addittedly anti-gun crowd, I guess somehow the Star feels they at least they look like they are fair and balanced and middle of the road. MIddle of the road as opposed to being hard left wing.

I myself, living in the KC area, sent some missiles to Gusewelle and his little group although I was quite a bit more agressive about it that most, I imagine. I sometimes wonder if I will get sued for libel, but I have insurance for that just in case.

But in your case, don't get the idea that you are among friends here with your postings and your constructive reactions to the Gusewelle column. Many people here, in fact many of those who responded to your posting in such a friendly and supposely supportative manner in fact do not support our civilized resistance to such anti-gun newspaper articles. In fact they even go so far as to have contempt for the concept. No, many here will not even participate in such civilized resistance. INstead many here believe that our nation has already been lost to the anti-constitutional crowd and they are waiting and hoping for things to get bad enough to cause a national resurrection, the start of a civil war, and a chance for those here to physically "take back America."

I will get many responses protesting what I am telling you, but just watch, read and learn and make your own decision on whether or not I am posting the truth.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If you believe that there is something called 'reasonable gun control'...you are INDEED in the enemies camp, here on this forum.

You, on the other hand, are an enemy of America.

The decision is an individual one.

Support the Constitution;

OR

Support the Beast.

There is no other position possible.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Edstill, by now you have had a chance to read some of the posts by the usual suspects that hang out around here. You yourself came here to post about some constructive efforts you just made in speaking up for gun rights. But such efforts are usually not good enough for the usual suspects here.

In fact, what you will observe with the usual suspects is that all they ever do (and they always do it as a collective, kinda like the Borg on Star Trek) is that they attack, gripe, moan, complain, and criticize. They will be the quickest to attack and criticize people and organizations (like the NRA) who at the least are out there trying to do some good.

Yet strangely this collective never seems to get around to actually doing anything themselves. At least not doing anything in the real world Instead they will loudly strut around here on GB.com and act like they know/have all/the only answers and that they belong to an elite group which, when the time is right (after years the time seems to never be "right") they are going to spring into action and take back America.

They are actually more entertaining than a Star Trek movie. And their entertainment is free. Watch, read and make up your own mind whether or not you wish to waste any time here. I know I make a mistake by doing so.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    I know I make a mistake by doing so.
    PLEASE correct that mistake.
  • Options
    COBmmcmssCOBmmcmss Member Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fox,

Please refrain from using your "cut and paste" method of posting. Same post different topic still reads and sounds the same. Post if you have something valuable to contribute - don't if you don't.

This looks just like your post on SCOTUS allowing the NRA to argue thread.

If you feel you make a mistake... feel free to hit delete. In fact I'm certain many here would encourage you to do so.

Thank you for your reflection on this matter.

quote:Originally posted by tr fox

"...read some of the posts by the usual suspects that hang out around here. ...such efforts are usually not good enough for the usual suspects here.

"In fact, what you will observe with the usual suspects is that all they ever do (and they always do it as a collective, kinda like the Borg on Star Trek) is that they attack, gripe, moan, complain, and criticize. They will be the quickest to attack and criticize people and organizations (like the NRA) who at the least are out there trying to do some good."

"Yet strangely this collective never seems to get around to actually doing anything themselves. At least not doing anything in the real world Instead they will loudly strut around here on GB.com and act like they know/have all/the only answers..."

"...more entertaining than a Star Trek movie. And their entertainment is free."

[:D][8D][:D]

COB
  • Options
    edited November -1
    In fact, the usual suspects will ALWAYS tell everybody what is wrong and what not to do. Yet strangely, the usual suspects never get around to acting in a constructive manner. A constructive manner such as telling everybody what is going right and what people should do, such as getting out from behind their keyboard and actually trying to improve America instead of just talking about tearing America down.

I guess I should actually called them the "obstructive gloom and doom suspects."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Even a brief review of history OUGHT to instruct an intelligent man in the proper methods to take a country away from tyrants.

The insane methods we see all around us;
    Letters
    e-mails
    rallys
    begging politicians
    sending money for lobbying
    national gun 'rights' organizations that have sold out the Second

Why insane ? Because some of us have used these methods over and over and over...and we get EXACTLY the same results;

MORE LAWS, RULES, REGULATIONS, and jack-booted thugs given free rein to do as they please.
    Ever less freedom, ever less Rights.

Now..the argument rages MAINLY because some OF US SUPPORT AND DEFEND GUN LAWS...and Americans do not.
    Americans understand that the Second Amendment is about CONTROLLING GOVERNMENT...and allowing that government to restrict the free flow of weapons is a death sentence for citizens.
    Eventually, we WILL see the killing fields and the slit trenches..as the government seeks to rid itself of those that disagree with it.

You have a decision to make.

Pick the path of gun control and the NRA...leading to killing fields;

Or support America and Americans.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A good and easy way to expose the canary * here is to politely ask them what is right about this country and what should a citizen actually get up and do (other than pounding their keyboard as I am doing) in order to take back their country.

This may cause anger among the canary * because their strong suit is only to tell us what is wrong with this country. And in regards to actually doing anything (other than them hanging out in their little gonna-be-a-revoluntionairy group here on GB.com and supporting each other when they attack other GB.com members who do not believe exactly as they do.

So, if anyone is up for a simple test for the canary *, ask them what is right about America and what can a citizen do in a peaceful manner to take back America.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What is right about America is the Bill of Rights and the Constitution.

Personal responsibility, and the willingness to fight against evil and tyranny.

That comprises about 30 percent of the population.

Then we have the nras, and the trfoxes, and their ilk.

As for the pathetic pleas for 'peace'...sounds like neville chamberlain.
    The absolute BEST chance for peace here in America is an armed determined citizenry...ready, willing, and ABLE to rain down death and destruction on those seeking to make America into a third world hellhole.