In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ahh Missouri....were about to tell the feds kiss o

Comments

• Options
    steveaustinsteveaustin Member Posts: 852 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice. From what I understand Missouri has a fairly well regulated Militia.
  • Options
    tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    yea...we do...and gonna keep it to[;)][8D]
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    The canary * and their followers here will not like this. Under their plan, things are supposed to get much, much worse for the citizens until those citizens cannot stand it any longer and launch an armed revolt/civil war.

This Missouri bill sounds like at least in Missouri (and other states are working on something similar) the citizens are starting to take their country back without firing a shot. This goes against everything the canary * preach.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,381 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Just right 'Hawk, but I smell something foul! Did ya smack a polecat on your way in tonight?
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tomahawk
    http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking/bills101/biltxt/intro/HJR0088I.htm

[;)][:D]

Hawk,

Damn right.[;)]
  • Options
    tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    shooooowwweeeee, who crapped on my post, smells like a skunk,or a possum,ohh there it be...a fox[:0][xx(]
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    May we assume, fox, that you are deeply involved in this 10th movement ?
    A movement designed to reduce federal powers..instead of the usual NRA procedure of increasing it ?

I will be watching, 'Hawk, as Missouri attempts to pass this interesting bit of business.
  • Options
    pmstonepmstone Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Us folk here in Missouri were blessed with a conservative republican governor from 2004-2008, after a long spell of democrap dominance. Missouri made some great strides forward with governor Blunt at the helm.

First we saw a new law which abolished all restrictions and controls on gun purchases at the county and local level. All laws relating to the sale and ownership of firearms are reserved to the state alone. For me in particular, this eliminated St. Louis County's extremely cumbersome handgun permit system. Before the new law, in St. Louis County, you had to go to a gun store and select a specific gun. Then you had to apply for permission to purchase that gun. Once approved, if approved, you had to appear in person at the county courthouse to obtain your permit. Then you took that permit back to the dealer to purchase your gun. It was a one time permit that applied to the purchase of that gun, and that gun only. If you decided to buy a different gun, or later chose to purchase another gun, you had to do it all again. That is now gone. Walk into any gun store, pass a Brady background check, buy any gun you want then and there.

And then we got the castle law. This was a biggy. Prior to the castle law, if confronted with an intruder in your home you were required to retreat to any degree possible, even if it meant abandoning your home. Under the new law, there is no retreat requirement. You can stand your ground and defend your home. YOU have a right be in your home, not the criminal. Under the old law, if cornered and unable to retreat, you were justified in using deadly force ONLY if the intruder posed an immediate threat of death or great * harm. You had to prove intent. Under the new law, the presence of an intruder in your home implies intent. You don't have to prove they mean to harm you. Their presence in your home justifies the use of deadly force. And lastly, the new law says that if you are involved in a shooting that is ruled as justified, you are IMMUNE from any form of civil litigation. Under the old law, the intruder, or his/her family could sue you for shooting them.

And finally, we saw the passing of Missouri's long awaited concealed carry law.

The last several years have been a breath of fresh air for Missouri citizens who value freedom and justice. Sadly, as of 2008, we once again have a weenie liberal democrat in the governor's mansion. But for now, at least, we live in a relatively free state.
  • Options
    zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Damn straight! WE ALL (CA's) do not wish for violence, but in fact look for ways a peaceful resolution can come to fruit! It is time to stand for what you believe in, face those that are trying to reduce our Constitution and stop it.

Lance
  • Options
    IdahoRedneckIdahoRedneck Member Posts: 2,699
    edited November -1
    It would seem Idaho is doing the same. Heard a clip on The local news top of the hour sorta thing, where a bill was introduced in which Idaho will be able to sue the Federal government if any thing they require us to do is deemed unconstitutional. (Concerning healthcare) Cant find the link but I will, havent looked to hard yet[;)]