In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

AB1934: Analyzed

ChrisYuhasChrisYuhas Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
I've written an in depth article on AB1934 covering the unconstitutionality of state and federal infringements of the 2nd amendment, added compelling and substantiated statistics showing that guns work and gun control doesn't, and I even examined parts of the bill on who it arms, the punishments, etc.

Please read, please support, please spread.

http://tinyurl.com/23kk2hw

Thanks!

Chris

Edited ONLY to shorten link, so it does not stretch the page.

Comments

• floorguy24floorguy24 Member Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

I only wish there were a way for me to stand before our Senate here in California and read this (among other things) in protest of AB 1934.

However, in finding out about it all too late, I feel that opportunity is doomed.

It's currently running through the Appropriations Committee and then on to the Senate.

I'm nervous and feel helpless at this point, not to mention the anger/frustration I'm feeling.
  • ChrisYuhasChrisYuhas Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would do it but they have no spine to take me on. :/
  • IdahoRedneckIdahoRedneck Member Posts: 2,699
    edited November -1
    okay Ill bite...........

I feel for both you fellas, but the fact of the matter is this........The Liberal majority of YOUR state made it what it is........Best get all your buddys and so on and fix it. Its up to YOU the citizens, and if you dont like it, best pack your bags and *.

Personally Cali can break off at the fault line drift out into the ocean and sink and we'd be better off....This is JMHO of course
    edited November -1
    Good points fellas.

However, I've always enjoyed being the "Underdog", just not like this.

I'm not leaving, I'll fight to the end. Just don't know where the fight really is...

Someone let me know.

I've already been in contact/tried contacting members of the assembly/s and am moving on to the Senate Members. Always seem to get the Secretary/s, never the Members themselves.

If you know the facts/legal methods for fighting this thing correctly and as a citizen, great.

If you don't, don't bother as talk is cheap.

Tough talk is fine, but I've heard enough "tough talk" and want to know what I can REALLY do.
    edited November -1
    California is well ahead of your state in regards to other rights. Once our decriminalization of marijuana goes through it will be a major eyeopener nationally in recognizing rights.

I'll stick it out until then end because I've been here all my life. I love other states but this is home. Am I really American if I run when tyranny comes full force and the upholding of the Constitution requires me to defend it?

I'll remain and endure the struggle as he who can endure longest wins the war.
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thats what Cali. needs legal pot so it can go further down...
    quote:Originally posted by ChrisYuhas
    California is well ahead of your state in regards to other rights. Once our decriminalization of marijuana goes through it will be a major eyeopener nationally in recognizing rights.

I'll stick it out until then end because I've been here all my life. I love other states but this is home. Am I really American if I run when tyranny comes full force and the upholding of the Constitution requires me to defend it?

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by melkor
    Fantastic ! , If only this country still had a constitution, and a legal system that used it ? Hmmmmmm Therefore all your research and rational legit points are just plain useless useless. I can give U an endless list of UNCONSTITUTIONAL LAW, that will remain, and endless judical findings that are unconstitutional. WHY ? The answer is obvious, do some research on the CURRENT Law, and U will find ANYTHING GOES

Plain and simple: the Constitution is a contract between We the People and the Federal and State governments. If there are two parties in a contract and one does not perform... well one of them must be put in check. Check means vote them out first, if that fails refer to the Declaration: alter or abolish.
  • RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    Lost cause. Most CA "gun owners" are a bunch of spineless ignorant self-absorbed morons.

Kudos on giving yourself such positive critique, OP. If you don't praise yourself, who else would, eh.
    edited November -1
    To me this is not a lost cause. The 13 original colonies and the Continental Congress could not resolve an action to take against the British Crown. After Thomas Paine circulated his Common Sense, people realized their natural rights and decided to take matters into their own hands because the powers that be were failing them.

If we stop educating, we allow ignorance to command mankind. If you "educate and inform the masses" you may stand a chance to protect Liberty. I won't give up... ever.
  • RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by floorguy24
    Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

I only wish there were a way for me to stand before our Senate here in California and read this (among other things) in protest of AB 1934.

However, in finding out about it all too late, I feel that opportunity is doomed.

It's currently running through the Appropriations Committee and then on to the Senate.

I'm nervous and feel helpless at this point, not to mention the anger/frustration I'm feeling.

The Bill is now in the Appropriations Committee in the Assembly. This is the last step before a vote in the general floor of the Assembly. http://www.assembly.ca.gov/acs/newcomframeset.asp?committee=43

Vote goes in mid-May.
    edited November -1
    Thanks Chris.

After some additional phone calls to my District Senator Dave Cogdill, I found out there will be an opportunity for me to speak on the Senate Floor just prior to the vote. I'm going up to the Capital to do just that when that window is open. I'm looking forward to expressing my point of view, even if it's not going to help.

On another note, I'm still amazed at the negative and personal comments some of these people respond with here.

It's no wonder these posts have to be locked sometimes.

Nothing like "good old fashioned patriotic support here" from some people...
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Floorguy;

Allow me to level the playing field here.

What does "Shall Not Be Infringed" mean to you ?
    See..around here, we are entirely too used to guys from california that seem to believe that those words allow government the power to regulate firearms nearly at will.
    Naturally, california is hardly the ONLY state saddled with people like that...but the strong majority of citizens out there hold that view.

Those that feel that way get short shrift around here.
    edited November -1
    Highball,

"Shall not be infringed" means just that, not just my opinion, that's what it means.

I'm looking forward to explaining that very thing (among others) to all of the Senate Members in our State Capitol in the near future. I can hardly wait, as I'm bringing a complete copy of the U.S. Constitution with me and will be reading relevant portions during my time slot.

As I know all too well, this State is chuck full of people who either do not support or believe in the U.S. Constitution as it was written.

However, this is by no means for me to "duck and run". I'm here to stay, and will fight to the end on any legal challenge that I possibly can in order to either keep my existing rights or reinstate laws that were taken away.

The biggest problem is that I'm one person in a crowd of over 38 million. Not the only one, but still one.

Some may still view this as a "spineless ignorant self-absorbed moron", but I view it as American Patriotism. Doesn't matter what State, it's still the same Country. My Country and Yours.

I'll fight side by side with you, just not against you.
  • cccoopercccooper Member Posts: 4,044 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ChrisYuhas

The Apache would run and sneak around and kill their enemy until none remained. The fight doesn't have to be face to face. However, once you start the fight, you had better see it through to the end. If the Native American had understood that it was a war and not a battle, they would have acted accordingly. In order to win this war, it will have to be one of attrition. Chopping off the tail does not work. Chopping off EVERY SINGLE SNAKE HEAD works. Then burn the heads.
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    You are wasting your time speaking on your state's Senate floor. Progressives think that the Constitution as written only applies to those times and that it must "evolve" to fit modern times, of course with themselves being whom is competent to "interpret" the document since the general citizenry is too stupid to understand what it means.

Your energy might be better spent on waking up fellow citizens, since we still surround the government pukes and have the power to stop them (for now.)
  • Deadred707Deadred707 Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have not had a good CA thread in some time now [:o)]
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fun living on a fault line...
    quote:Originally posted by Deadred707
    We have not had a good CA thread in some time now [:o)]
  • zacklazackla Member Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its time we take ca. back anybody got enought rope its gonna take a hell of a bunch